help on buying FIRST pair of shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by misterchen, Jan 20, 2006.

1. misterchen

misterchen Regular Member

hey guys this is my first time buying badminton shoes since ive been playing for a couple of months, i dont know the specific names or brands of even the popular brands except like yonex however i have no idea where to get them. i guess what I'm trying to say is what kind of shoe should i buy if the shoe doesnt say its for badminton specifically? What kind or brand of shoes would i buy like at footlocker?

thanks

2. kyiyu

kyiyu Regular Member

General Manager
    Hi

Money is not a factor to consider, you can choose Yonex SHB-99 which cost around US $80 in Singapore. :D But money is a factor then choose any court shoe will do.:cool:

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Usually, big chain stores does NOT carry badminton shoes. You should visit badminton specialized store to get what you need. If no such store, visit local gyms, sometimes, they have pro shop doing the business as well. ;)

4. misterchen

misterchen Regular Member

hey i went to my local footlocker because they were have a clearance + 30% off and i remember seeing [​IMG]on the forums so i picked up one of the last pairs for about 45 bucks, any feedback from you guys? thanks for the info earlier btw

#4 misterchen, Jan 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  5. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

SHB-99 costs S$90 in Singapore, worst case S$95 if your bargaining ability not good enough. Thanks to price checklist thread, I got one pair at S$90 as well. [search the price checklist in Singapore thread].

Because of the low prices of SHB-99, I am not considering other brands like Mizuno Wave Smash S1 etc whch cost >$100. Otherwise, the Mizunos look like pretty good shoes.

6. altreality

altreality Regular Member

pretty much any brand will do - yonex, mizuno etc. The other racket makers make pretty good baddy shoes too

You will need shoes with good grip - they help with your footwork, esp when you are starting out...
    Avoid shoes with thick heels - they increase risk of injury...

7. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
    Buy the most expensive shoes u can find, as shoes are much more durable than rackets, if u take good care of them. shoes are important in sports because they decrease injury risks. shb-99 are a good pair of shoes.

take good care of them