AE Mens Double Final - 2004 Rematch

Discussion in 'All England 2006' started by Wildstone, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

if you guys can recall the 2004 final is between the malaysians and the daines. And if you guys can recall the malaysians 'almost' won the title, so close yet so far. The malaysians are 'typical losers' where they almost get it and just give it away easily. We once again saw that 'type' of losing yesterday in the semifinal where the malaysians lead 14-5 and lost 17-14.

In 2004 the 'reason' (if they wanna call it a reason) for the malaysian losing the match was somehow an unfair call from the judge when lee wan wah said he wasn't ready to receive the shuttle. However I myself find that no excuse for losing a match, they led by 12-5 and they were only 3 points away to win the title. Surprisingly the daines picked up and won the game. In the rubber set it was just a 'show' where the malaysians basically played like amatuer. Just how weak the mentality the malaysians are. 3 points away from the title and gave it away because of an 'unfair' call from the judge.

Just hope this time the malaysians could win and take the revenge. They are skillful no doubt, they just have to be more determine and not to be influenced by any 'unfair' calls from the umpire or the line judge. I mean, no matter how 'unfair' it will be it will only affect one or two points at most. I know every point counts but be strong ~!

2. nellute

nellute Regular Member

I will pick Choong and Lee this time.

3. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    i think jens and martin will take it.. i saw the state of one of the malaysians knee's.. it's so heavily strapped.. he must be in a lot of pain playing.. jens and martin have no such injuries, play a game which doesn't involve loads of jumping and smashing.. they save a lot of energy.. they use their height well and jens at the net is just devastating..

i go with the danes to spoil the malayisan party :D

4. LLLean

LLLean Regular Member

Let us enjoy the talents of all the players and not judge them so harshly. Playing at this level involves so many factors and not just physical and mental. We are all humans, so mistakes is the order of the day. These are all great players and let us enjoy their performances. If you are so good at judging others, why don't you go play for your country? Do you think you are better than them?

Enjoy the badminton.

5. kyiyu

kyiyu Regular Member

General Manager
    Yes It was a good game and result should have gone to Malaysian team. However they lost themselves rather than to Dane. Malaysian team need more clam and aware of the trick (which might be a fair trick) from Dane, such as refusing of changing shuttle cock and arguing with official. One player (Lee Wan Wah I think) got yellow card for that and ended up slipping the title from thier hand.

6. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

Yeah I saw the final in 04. I was sooo disappointed, especially the way they crumbled in the 3rd game.

This time though, Choong and Lee should just concentrate on the game and not be distracted by any "bad calls", opponent's psychological tactics etc. If they can do that, then I believe there's a good chance to take the title this year.

Otherwise it's just another BIG title that a Malaysian missed. How many already? World Championships, a few All-Englands, Olympics etc. So many missed opportunities...

7. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    i dunno.. how many times are we going to hear about the number of titles malaysia lost..

a wise man once said to me..

our eyes are in the front of our heads, they're meant for looking fowards not backwards..

Malaysia clearly has great strength and depth in MD now. they are bound to start winning titles soon, perhaps today, perhaps tomorrow. who knows.

Coops

8. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Its like hot knife cutting through butter. CTF/LWW were no match to the Danes. A lost in concentration caused the Danes the second game. The first and third game were just the like the Danes playing with amature. CTF/LWW had no answer to the Danes smashes and quick drives. Congratulation to the Danes. As usual the Malaysian pair claimed their fav place --> 2nd. The famous finalist loser as some of you said.

9. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    May be the other two pairs in future if they are groom properly else it will be the same old history again. I wonder whats in Rexy's mind now after the again famous 2nd place is claimed.