any camps/training courses in hk

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by john, Apr 13, 2002.

1. john

john Guest

i would like to know if there is any camps/training courses in hk i could take(i prefer training courses because i want to spend time with my family), and i m going to hk this summer also want to know about what kind of shops are good. thx

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    What kind of training course you are looking for ? A systematic training course which starts teaching you from serving, clear ... ? Or, you just want to play with a group of players under the guidance of a coach ?

Alternatively, you can take private training with your family members as well, it is ~HK$350 per hour (excluding court fee).

3. john

john Guest

i want to train and prepare for the central ontario badinton association championships next year because i m from ontario. i don't care how hard it is to get me better in two months of the summert, but of course i want some spare time too and not the much to spend on the money for courses.
    thx

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    HK sports institute runs courses.

Your specifications are very vague.

My defination of spare time means perhaps up to 3 hours in a day (for me)

For more information, check out http://www.hksdb.org.hk

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Here In India u can get trained for 2 months by prakash if u pay arnd 400US. I would say not bad but then most players love to go to Malay for coaching! Dunno why!

6. john

john Guest

thx for the info, if i visit next time itll come to my mind. but do you know anything that is to do with hk courses?

7. john

john Guest

thx for the info; btw are the traingin good and how much would it cost or something like that. its only if you know thx a lot.

8. john

john Guest

also i want to know if they have courses in the summer because i just checked the website and i could n't find info, maybe i couldn;'t find it, but can you give me some steps to find info about the courses. thx

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I don't know if they have courses in the summer. You'd have to ring them up to find out for more information (or just keep checking the website).

Try going to the English site and click on "Facilities and services" box. From then on, it's straightforward.

I don't know if the course is any good or not! I haven't been on it myself.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

any camps/training courses in hk in summertime

how hard is hard?
    i think the hardest training is having the patience to endure basic training. i.e. start from footwork and balance and running to four corners without actually hitting a shuttle.

To the members of the board(including john) who are coming to HK in summer 2002 and would like to find some training, please send a mail to me with the following info:

1) length of stay in HK (from when to when)
    2) time you are willing to spend (x1/x2/x3 times per week)
    3) daytime/nighttime sessions preference
    4) language abilities Cantonese/Putonghua or English only

Some important points are:
    a) group training might be more practical if more than a couple of people are interested
    b) a higher frequency of training produces better results (so don't bad mouth the coach f you can only attend once a week and also miss sessions)
    c) most coaches in HK do not have good english abilities. Hence, chinese would be an advantage (but doesn;t need to be totally fluent)

With this information, and via the number of replies, I can then judge the level of interest and ask around if any suitable coach is interested in doing a class just for the summer.

I'll make my best effort to reply to all mails. This posting is not a guarentee that something will turn up.
    e-mail address is flickserve@badmintoncentral.com

#10 Cheung, May 6, 2002
    Last edited: May 6, 2002