What's the problem with LWW/CTF?Will they be able to play for some more yrs?

Discussion in 'All England 2006' started by Malaysianfan, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Hi everyone. Let's discuss about the malaysian top pair.They seem to be different players before the final and during the final. I watched them playing since their 2nd round and they were just superb, especially during the match against indonesian top seed and korean double.i heard an old british woman in front of me saying: WOW, the malaysians are amazing. I think everyone there was amazed by their fast game,their defence and their smashes.Unfortunately, they were playing like school boys in the final except in the 2nd part of 2nd set. Tan Fook made a lot of unforced errors and he seemed to change his usual racquet and used Nano 9000 in the final. Somemore, he was not fast in the net as he used to be before that.What is their actual problem? I thought that they have overcome their mentalitiy problem after they edged Tony Gunawan/Halim in the semi final of holland open in a close game.

Do you think that they will be able to play in some more years and continue their career till 30s just like the danish pair?

#1 Malaysianfan, Jan 22, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  2. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

I would certainly hope so, but they do need to be more consistent. Otherwise, they should retire soon and not get their team mates to "make way" for them if they are just gonna loose badly in the finals.

3. indra

indra Regular Member

In my opinion The malysian pair played well and brilliantly especially in set 2 in the final...but the Danish pair played very briliantly, especially Erisksen.
    I guess MD and MX doubles are the matches of the round.

The match Lin Dan vs LCH, I guess, was the match of the tournament.....

4. kemana

kemana Regular Member

i guess lin vs lcw is the match of the tournament:)

5. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

What's wrong with them? They are mentally weak and lack self-belief IMHO. They usually play badly in big finals. :p

6. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Indra, Lin Dan trashed Lee Hyun Il.

I think Lin Dan vs Lee Chong Wei was much more entertaining.

7. kyiyu

kyiyu Regular Member

General Manager
    Agree with you. LeeCW vs Lin Dan is more exciting in every aspect comparing to Lin Dan vs Lee Hyun Il.

8. eskey

eskey Regular Member

I guess it was typo error, he wanted to type 'W' instead of "H", so should be LCW rather than LCH. i was quite curious is there any player with initial "LCH":D

9. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Watching the final spurs me to ask, 'How did they qualify incluidng beating some of the top pairs?'.....They failed to ride on the second wind (same goes to LCW) and gone stone when they reached the crucial point (happened in the MD semifinal also)....well I think they could have been satisfied upon reaching the final and consider it a great achievement.

Hope the Malaysian campaign of cari champion will produce consistent world champion

10. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Agreed and you can see that skills alone in not enough...you need match strategies

11. ADRIANA_ANA

ADRIANA_ANA Regular Member

well i think we should just let this thing go.well what's done is done right?let just hope that they play better in the next open.but...i am really proud of them and all of the MD for reaching atleast the semi's and beating some seeded players :).

12. ADRIANA_ANA

Do you think that they will be able to play in some more years and continue their career till 30s just like the danish pair?[/QUOTE]well i thought they are in their 30s.i am actually happy because they did try their best...but their best is not good enough.well...its ok:D .don't worry be happy...hehe

13. barbara

barbara Regular Member

[/QUOTE]well i thought they are in their 30s.i am actually happy because they did try their best...but their best is not good enough.well...its ok:D .don't worry be happy...hehe[/QUOTE]

i dun think so........

hmmm...when i came to my school everbody critized their performance......

14. ADRIANA_ANA

well i thought they are in their 30s.i am actually happy because they did try their best...but their best is not good enough.well...its ok:D .don't worry be happy...hehe[/QUOTE]

i dun think so........

hmmm...when i came to my school everbody critized their performance......[/QUOTE]well i think we shouldnt put too much pressure on them.my friends and i were dissapointed too but it could happen to anyone playing badminton :)

15. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    I'm just wondering : why are Malaysians always so negative about their shuttlers performances??

I think this negative attitude and the exagerated expectations Malaysians put in their top shuttlers are probably the main reason why they tend to collapse under pressure.

So please, give them a break!
    Choong Tan Fook and Lee Wan Wah are too great players and reaching an All England final without being seeded and so soon after injury is already an extraordinary result!

Malaysia has done very well in this year's All England and most of the team is still very young, so ... appreciate!!

16. ADRIANA_ANA

yup i totally 102% agree with u. some malaysian are such negative thinker.they should support their country player not critizied them. they should be like me..heheh:D

17. indra

indra Regular Member

Typo error.

Matches of the Tournament:

MS: Lin dan vs LCW
    MD: CTF / LWW vs Chandra/SIgit
    MX: Zhang / Gao vs Emma / Robertson

18. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Nop I don't agree with you. It is just a very very typical trend that the malaysian players are mentally weak. They gave surprises when there's no expectation at all and they gave disappointment when people have high expectation on them. No doubt they are highly skillful and strong, but really they are mentally weak. I'm not saying this just because they lost, it's because how the way they lost. Look at the match, the daines was like playing with kids. They couldn't perform even at normal level and kept making errors.

And I'm not saying malaysians are mentally weak just because of this recent AE MD final. There are heaps of past events where they performed extremely bad in critical matches (ie most in finals). And again not because they lost the match, it's because how they lost the match and how they played like school kids.

P/S : the match between Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei is an exception. LCW played well. That's what I meant by 'performing well' even though he lost. But look at the MD final, it was just a joke.

19. ADRIANA_ANA

u should not comment malaysian players in such way. plus,i never heard of such good players from australia.do they exist?

20. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

I think the the Malaysians should think in a positive way. Although they didn't play well in the final, but at least both of them tried to give their best.They didn't give up and tried to hit the ball back. Besides that, Wan Wah is just back on action. It is not easy for a player who had undergone 2 operations to maintain their game. But both Wan Wah and Tan Fook work hard and they are still one of the top doubles in the world, although they may not be able to regain their top form in 2004. So, credits should be given to them. The way the Malaysians think is always too negative. Hopefully they can still play and guide the young juniors. Wan Wah is now 31 years old.

#20 Malaysianfan, Jan 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2006