The Womens Game

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by jamesd20, Jan 23, 2006.

1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Of concern also is the huge lack of talent in the womens game. Beyond the CHN players I cannot see any WD pair capable of winning a tournament. 2nd best is the KOR pair, but they are not very strong as Lee hyo jung is not consistent. No DEN pairs anywhere near even KOR, Thai/INA/MAL pairs a long way away in real terms-giving players a game is very different from looking like beating them.

WS is perhaps even worse. PHY/XHW/MA/WC are fading IMO and only still there due to the lack of anyone else. Mia is only fit for 1game of top class play and struggles at that, and a long way from Zhang Ning and XXF. nothing on the horizon from DEN/MAL in WS. ZN is good ,consistent, strong but not quick , and relies on attrition rather than skills. this is why she plays rubber games often. XXF has good skill and coverage but if compared to players 5-10 years ago would she compare-I don't think so. but even so I think she will win at least the next three AE titles since there is no-one else. Jap WS player? no really quality just lots of energy to attack and good coverage. Lu Lan/Yang yanjiao the new generation although still young lost to PHY and MIa respectively and didn't really look good enough.

Not wanting to sound too critical but think 5-10 years previous and watch some of the games the players were quicker (although difficult to measure) more consistent and there were much greater variety of players, CHN/KOR/DEN had 1/2 players each

It extends into all disciplines too however. i know the new push out the young, but the level of all disciplines seems to be falling- In MD the level is below 2000 level, as is MD and XD. I am waiting in anticipation of new stars, but I need something to look forward too.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I think most of the players today, over rely on their natural talent and physical built. Yeah, they have the speed and power, but definitely lack of discipline when compare to last generation(s) (of course, consider the overall group).

Also, I think the better living/training condition(s) might further spoiled a lot of young player's daily lives. They tend to go for the fame and $$$, rather than the champion spirit sometimes. :cool:

3. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Yes maybe the new generation is weaker than the previous ones, but that's how things are.
    Sometimes you get a generation of big big quality players, and sometimes there can be 10 years without any exceptionally talented players...

The only thing we can do is wait and see if the next generation will be any better... ;)

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Seven- I am not as patient as you. I want the next generation now! :crying: :mad:

5. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    You never know, some of the current girls might make extraordinary progress and turn into a historical champion! ;)
    Quite unlikely yes ... :eek:

6. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Yes I agree, easier life and liberal capitalism lead players to run after money, rather than champion spirit...
    This is more or less the case in all sports however!