My dream has come true

Discussion in 'All England 2006' started by Baderz_Jas, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    I am a Chinese supporter-12yrs old,I speak Cantonese and know a tiny little bit of Mandarin. My sister,mum and I went to watch the 2006 All England Open Championship in the NIA.

Friday 20th was our first day,quarter-finals day. I was very excited to watch Lin Dan ,Chen Jin and lots more as I haven't watched live badminton since 2005 AE. When ever any players from China were playing, I was shouting China and Lin Dan Jia You as loud as I could. Chen Jin didn't play very well,he was slower and his smashes weren't as powerful as people said it was. Lin Dan wasn't aggresive enough in the first game against Kenneth Jonassen which was 15-10,but then he smached nearly every point and won the second game 15-3.

Saturday 21st,semi-finals day. My family and I were walking to a hotel see my friend Dominic(the person who gave us the live scores) and we saw Lin Dan jogging on the streets to warm up for his match against Lee Chong Wei. So we went to him and took pictures and I asked him to sign a picture which I took with him last year,then for the first time I saw him smiling:) We got inside the hotel and saw players from most of the countries staying in that hotel. My sister,Dominic and I took pictures with Candra Wijaya,Pi Hongyan,Lee Hyun Il,Widiato Natsir,Peter Gade,Zhang Jun,Wei Yili,Zhang Yawen,Xie Xingfang +lots more:D When they started playing I was shouting for China and Lin Dan really loud again. When Lin Dan was losing in the third game against Lee Chong Wei:crying:I shouted even louder so I lost my voice:eek: When he won he took his black t-shirt off and went through to talk to the coaches about the match. So me and one of my friends sprinted as fast as I could into the authorised area even though we don't have a pass:eek: We went up to Lin Dan,he asked for a signatlure and asked I for his t-shirt,he just gave it to me!!!:) It was the shirt he actually wore,it was very wet which made it heavy. I was so happy that I couldn't go to bed until half-past two in the morning. I thought it couldn't get better,BUT IT DID!!!

Sunday 22nd,finals day. That morning we saw Lin Dan jogging again as we were going to met up with my friend in Jury's Inn,this time he gave me a five:D When we got inside the arena the MD was just about to start a member of the China team came down and told us that one of the coaches has invited me to go and join them on the players' stand:) and that the coach has a son-13yrs old. When she left we thought 'what just happened':eek: When the MD finished I went up the players' stand with the woman who came down and I sat between Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun!!!:) I found out that Li YongBo invited me :eek:I was shocked. The headcoach of the best badminton country wanted me to sit with him:eek: I chatted with some of the players and coaches,they were all very polite and looked after me as well. When they started the XD we were all cheering for Zhang Jun and Gao Ling. It was so nervous when we were watching them because Robertson/Emms had 8-10serves to win the match in the second game. In the third game Zhang/Gao totally trashed the English pair 15-1,Nathan Robetson's body language was absolutely awful:mad: After the XD we all went behind the stand and played games with our hands:confused: Then we didn't watch the WS because it was China vs China.

After that match it was the MS between Lin Dan and Lee Hyun Il. We were cheering for him every point(especially me:D). When he slipped and twisted his knee we were very worried about him because he couln't move,but when he gave Li YongBo a wave meaning he's alrite we weren't as worried:) After he won we all went down to clap when he comes round doing the lap of honour. Li YongBo told me that Lin Dan is going to gave me the racket his used. I was shocked again!:eek: LYB was so kind and polite to all the players,he is really funny as well. Then he went to the Doping Room where the doctor had a look at his knee,so I went in with the chinese woman holding a bag of ice for Lin Dan. His knee didn't look nice. I could tell that he was in a lot of pain:crying: Then I got told to get out of the Doping Room because children aren't allowed in. Dominic and I had to wait for about ten minutes before he came out gaving me his racket and saying 'Thank You' to me,then I said 'Xie Xie' then Dominic took a picture of us with his racket in my hands:D That night we went to a chinese resturant called Tin Tin and saw the whole China team!:D I went over there and got Chen Hong,Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun to sign pictures I took with them last year. The players sat on two big tables,Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang were sitting with all the coaches on another table. Then when we were going home I went over to say bye and thank you to LYB,Lin Dan and all the players. They all said thank you and gave a fives! :D I can't believe all of this happened in just three days!!! My dream really has come TRUE:)

2. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    lucky you:) post some pics please:D

3. terry

terry Regular Member

Then 2006 should be a good year to you! :)

4. Jan_BE

Jan_BE Regular Member

IT Support Desk
    Great story, very lucky you :D

5. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Hey where you the kid sitting in block 10 around row D-H?

You've got a bloody good set of lungs if you where. Could hear you & we where on the other side of the arena in Block 3. :eek:

You know that the woman in front of you had her hands over her ears every time you where shouting? :D

6. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Very nice story Baderz_Jas, you must have been delighted! :D

7. Baderz_Jas

yea it's me. everytime I shouted LIn Dan jia you, she said Lin Dan Shut Up
    and my mum said she's very rude to do that

8. Baderz_Jas

i was extremely good,i still fell like dreaming

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Great to hear your experience in the AE event. I hope your encounters with the players will inspire you more in whatever you do in the future. Dream a bigger dream and it will definately happen if you want it to be.

10. kemana

kemana Regular Member

you are really lucky, it took me three days to actually had a chance to talk to taufik for like five minuts and took only one pic with him during sudiman cup 2005, i found it very hard to find Indo players outside the stadium, and in the stadium the guards kept getting you away from them..... maybe they are a little shy?

11. Baderz_Jas

Here are some pics with the players,i'll post the pic with lin dan's racket when i recieve it from my friend

Attached Files:

12. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    Hi

If I guess right you are lefty too, much like your idol :p

Nice to hear you had such a good time. Eager to see you play in All England in a few years time :D

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Actually they dont really like to talk to people they dont know. I can say they are abit reserve.. another thing is that their English is not that good.

14. Baderz_Jas

yes you are right,i'm a lefty like lin dan

15. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    thanks for the wonderful pics:)

16. Baderz_Jas

no problem!!! :)

17. Badmincraze

Badmincraze Regular Member

WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wat nice pictures u haf there !!! Thanks for sharing !!! :p

18. ants

ants Regular Member

You look so cute! Good height for a 12 yr old.

19. kemana

kemana Regular Member

lucky lucky lucky you ! i know some candra fan who will definately envy you!:D

20. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Nice pics Baderz_Jas! :)

Your profile says you are an "England U13", do you play internationally?
    Maybe one day you will be the one on the court at the All England! ;):D

(too late for me, I can't dream of it anymore... :p:eek:)