User Tag List

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Lee Hyun Il

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for the information. That make sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Well, last July, they had a tryout for players who wanted to play singles on the national team, and Choi won 6 of 3 matches, a record bested by Park Sung Hwan and Jang Young Soo (9-0), Hwang Jung Woon (8-1), Kim Sa Rang (7-2), and matched by Lee Cheol Ho (who also beat Choi), Shon Wan Ho, and Hong Ji Hoon so that may be what he meant by sixth. Or he may have been referring to ongoing sparring among the players who were selected. Either way, Lee Hyun Il, Park Tae Sang and Shon Seung Mo and other players not on the national team would not have been included in the reckoning.
    However, I have to say that I am dissapointed with the final today. LHI forfeited the match to LCW due to ankle injury and the match was not play. Rumors said that Lee Hyun Il picked up the injury during the training before the final but I seriously doubt so. When he was giving the shuttle souvenir to the crowd, he seemed to be fine and no cumbersome and abrupt movement whatsoever. I suspect that the KBA has the motive of protecting him from competing with LCW so that he hold the physcology advantage should he meet LCW in Asia games. My gut feeling told me that KBA feels that he is not ready to play LCW at the moment and would like to let LHI have more preparation before he play against LCW again.

Of course the above is just my mere speculation. If this is the final of Olympic/All England/ World Championship, I don't think LHI will forfeit the match to LCW today. Just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee Hyun ill in chinese taipei open..haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the back of Lee ~`

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I take my hats off to Lee Hyun Ill for clawing his way up the world ranking from 200+ to below 20 following his stellar performance in the 2011 Wilson Swiss Badminton Open.
    He retired following the 2008 Olympics and made his come-back in 2010 following persuasion by the Korean National Badminton Academy. This former world number one had to play the qualifying rounds in many tournaments to enable him to compete in the main draws and yet he went through the process diligently. How many players would do that except perhaps for a few and I doubt you can include any Mas player there. If LHI had not retired, he could have won a few more titles, super series and gold prix. He may win a few GP titles in his come-back but it is doubtful he could win any SS title but who knows?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like he is more reliable player than psh and will qualify for 2012 OG to pursuit a medal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    I take my hats off to Lee Hyun Ill for clawing his way up the world ranking from 200+ to below 20 following his stellar performance in the 2011 Wilson Swiss Badminton Open.
    He retired following the 2008 Olympics and made his come-back in 2010 following persuasion by the Korean National Badminton Academy. This former world number one had to play the qualifying rounds in many tournaments to enable him to compete in the main draws and yet he went through the process diligently. How many players would do that except perhaps for a few and I doubt you can include any Mas player there. If LHI had not retired, he could have won a few more titles, super series and gold prix. He may win a few GP titles in his come-back but it is doubtful he could win any SS title but who knows?

This is not the first time lee did it. He was WR1 during the early of 2000. In fact, he came out of retirement in 2006, having to play in qualifying round in SS tournaments late that year. Beating Lin dan in KO SS final 2008 and in the final of MO 2008, reach the semifinal of Olympics 2008. Looks like he is trying to repeat his feat again. However I have to said that once you reached a high level is easier for you to regain that level again(after retirement) because of the experience and you know what you can do. Unlike the youngsters who are still trying to find their way to excel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LHI took only about 1 year after came out from retirement and now he already beating CJ.........amazing guy !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I salute LHI for reaching the final of the 2011 SCG Thailand GP Open tournament MS final match.
    This is his 2nd final in a GP tournament, the 1st being the Swiss Open.
    Despite his loss in the 2 tournaments, it was definitely a splendid come-back from his 2nd retirement.
    Through it all, he had to play qualifying matches and he is now well-ranked to play in the main draws of any tournament.
    I think LHI can beat players like TH, PHG, CJ, S Sasaki, KT, PSH and BCL but it it would be difficult against fast players like LD, CL and LCW. But who knows for sure?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lhi reach macau open final last year and give lcw a walkover,so not 2nd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    and thrashed Boonsak on his way to the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    I stand corrected.
    The younger Malaysian players should take a leaf from LHI instead of giving up so easily in matches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quote of mine from another post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ton-Min-Bad View Post
    BTW: I always get the impression that LHI is just so focused on the olympics, as if he doesnt really give his all in other tournaments, it's more like training sessions to him! Anybody shares this impression?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is good to see the soft-paw, Lee Hyun Il, in the winning way again, with his capture of the MS title at the 2011 Kumpoo Macau Open. In the process, he beat TH who was 3rd seeded and whose form has taken a dive lately.

LHI has so far reached 3 finals in GP tournaments in 2011, these being the aforesaid, the Swiss and the SCG Thai Opens. It is hoped that he will do well in the Victor Korea GP tournament from 6th to 11th December. The only worry is that he could be over-stretched and may not as fresh as opponents like Chen Jin.
    LHI is still Korea's number 1 MS player and one has to salute him for his persevernce to reach that spot despite his age and return from retirement. It is hoped that he will be fit for the next 9 months to ensure his place in the Korean team for the 2012 OG.

Last edited by skchen; 12-04-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LHI has done it again reaching his 4th GP tournament final by beating CJ seeded 1 in the MSSF of the 2011 Victor Korea GP tournament 21-17, 13-21, 21-18 in 1 hour and 20 minutes.

It is hoped that he does well in the final where he takes on his compatriot, Wan Ho Shon, and if he wins, his ranking should move up considerably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who agrees with me that LHI has the most EFFORTLESS backhand stroke in the MS game? his clear technique is a dream...

generally speaking, he is one of the most aesthetically pleasing players to watch - his strokes and light footwork are gorgeous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was impressed by the way he played against LCW in the semi-final. His defensive movement and shot making was amazing, especially knowing the speed and quality of LCW's attack. Hope he continues to tightening up his game and put more pressure on LCW and LD in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody else think LHI has a better physique than he had before his retirement? I remember he used to have calves typical of a doubles player, but it seems like he's gotten leaner.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast