User Tag List

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Lee Hyun Il

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has he retired then? All the Korea MS players seem to have disappeared since the Olympics. Park sung hwan looks to have gone for good, he hasn't played since 2011 worlds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

Lee Hyun Il has retired I believe, Park was struggling with injury and combined with his military service it's difficult, he might be back, time will tell. Shon Wan Ho I believe, postponed his military service during the Olympic qualification period and as a result has to make up for it by doing it now. You might see Shon back in November. The other Korean singles players aren't that strong, Hong Ji Hoon has shown much, and neither has Lee Deun Keung. Kang Ji Wook seems set on playing doubles only.

This is just my insight though event, will have better information than me

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more singles players in Korea...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Lee Hyun Il has retired I believe, Park was struggling with injury and combined with his military service it's difficult, he might be back, time will tell. Shon Wan Ho I believe, postponed his military service during the Olympic qualification period and as a result has to make up for it by doing it now. You might see Shon back in November. The other Korean singles players aren't that strong, Hong Ji Hoon has shown much, and neither has Lee Deun Keung. Kang Ji Wook seems set on playing doubles only.

This is just my insight though event, will have better information than me
    Mostly correct. I haven't heard anything about Son doing military service, though he may choose to do it soon. Lee has indeed retired. Park has been off the national team since the spring though he'd been inactive for much longer. He did an interview with a magazine this year saying he wished he could have gone to London too and that he hoped to be back. He is still on the roster for the Yonex pro team in Seoul but he didn't play in either of the recent events and isn't signed up for the one in early November. Son played in the last domestic event but isn't signed up for the one coming up, apart from the team event.

Apart from Hong and Lee Dong Keun, there is Park Sung Min, Choi Young Woo, and perhaps Kim Min Ki and Ha Young Woong, but only the first of those four is a dedicated singles player and none of them have been in more than a couple of tournaments in the last year.

Kang Ji Wook is now just a doubles player. The same thing happened to Choi Young Woo and Shin Baek Cheol and many others before him and will happen to Choi Sol Gyu when he leaves high school, no doubt.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea what Lee Hyun Il will be doing after retirement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest news of LHI ?? Any advise how to play like him ??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's retired, the only advise is work hard. LHI's game is based around his excellent footwork and stamina, as well as the quality of his shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are rumours that Lee Hyun Il is making a come back with Victor as his sponsor (new contract signed on 25 Jan). This meant that he will at least compete in victor taiwan open and other international tournaments sponsored by victor (nor mentioned by the source). He will also actively play in league matches although I suspect it will be the own Korean league. It's a great news for all the badminton fans . The international circuit has became a little dull ever since he retired :]. His graceful style is no doubt an aesthetic piece of artwork in badminton. Wish he could play on forever.
    Last edited by lcleing; 01-26-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LHI's comeback

Wow , I'm so glad to hear his return !!! Recently bought his racket too !! Hope more of his videos can be uploaded to YouTube guys !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    There are rumours that Lee Hyun Il is making a come back with Victor as his sponsor (new contract signed on 25 Jan). This meant that he will at least compete in victor taiwan open and other international tournaments sponsored by victor (nor mentioned by the source). He will also actively play in league matches although I suspect it will be the own Korean league. It's a great news for all the badminton fans . The international circuit has became a little dull ever since he retired :]. His graceful style is no doubt an aesthetic piece of artwork in badminton. Wish he could play on forever.
    LHI is indeed a soft paw and a very effective player. His comeback is indeed good news to his fans and the sport of badminton. In the context of comeback, I wonder what has happened to PSH and SWH. Without these three players, Korea has no one of caliber to represent it in international tournaments in the men's singles discipline.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES...I can confirm that LHI is back....Korean badminton persuaded him to play another 2 years...he is submitting doping test first..He is planning to do some exhibition in Canada in May ( Been told)...he is playing Djarum Superliga next week and he is one of players for ASIAN ALL STARS of AXIATA CUP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come Korea cannot find any MS players? Yet they have so many good Men Doubles players?

I wonder if Lee Yong Dae played singles how good he'd be?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    How come Korea cannot find any MS players? Yet they have so many good Men Doubles players?

I wonder if Lee Yong Dae played singles how good he'd be?
    lost to hafiz hashim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee Hyun Ill, a player that does not believe in stinging smashes but rather consistent angles and ease of execution, all performed (well mostly) by the retraction of his wrist fluidly before contact with the shuttle, has retired 3 times and came back 3 times - is coming back for a 4th time. Hoping that LHI will come back ASAP and colorized the dulling of LD's absence, LHI is a thrill to watch in his own 'Taufikish' demeanor and yet possesses Jorgensen's killer instinct. A cool headed player that doesn't babble to himself under stress of play, I believe he would have disposed off Icuk Sugiarto with ease if he had been in the latter's era. By the way, he is a humble fella.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee1MOex00iE
    Last edited by Pakito; 02-07-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Lee Hyun Ill, a player that does not believe in stinging smashes but rather consistent angles and ease of execution, all performed (well mostly) by the retraction of his wrist fluidly before contact with the shuttle, has retired 3 times and came back 3 times - is coming back for a 4th time. Hoping that LHI will come back ASAP and colorized the dulling of LD's absence, LHI is a thrill to watch in his own 'Taufikish' demeanor and yet possesses Jorgensen's killer instinct. A cool headed player that doesn't babble to himself under stress of play, I believe he would have disposed off Icuk Sugiarto with ease if he had been in the latter's era. By the way, he is a humble fella.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee1MOex00iE
    I noticed that myself, he always keeps cool and never (almost never) panics or gets frustrated... Good attitude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey why is that nobody's talking about LHI's successful run to the Korea Open GPG semis ? Dude haven't played in international tournaments since the OG but is doing great so far in Jeonju...

>> http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...559&player=146

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's back again?
    I thought he had retired (again).

Theoretically he would make a great coach. Steady nerve, consistent, hard-working. That 's great mentor material... if he knows how to pass it on.
    But since he's still playing, good luck to him.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast