User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 205 to 221 of 225

Thread: Lee Hyun Il

  1. #205
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,917
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Amazing players... Too bad his generations got lot of very talented players if not he would have won many tournsments

  2. #206
    Regular Member Thom_bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    AND FINALLY HE WINS IT ! LHI has won the Korea Open GPG 2013 for his comeback to the international scene since the 2012 Olympics.

    There's a great feature on Badzine, with Hyun Il telling about his new life as an independent player : http://www.badzine.net/features/lee-...-a-beat/27939/

  3. #207
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Missing him on Korea Premier SS.. 2014 maybe the very last of his action..

  4. #208
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Berg View Post
    Missing him on Korea Premier SS.. 2014 maybe the very last of his action..
    I was expecting to see LHI play in the VKBO 2014 but he was no where in sight.
    Has he retired for good?
    With regards to Park Sung-hwan, it seems his playing days are over as he was seen coaching Son Wan-ho.

  5. #209
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    With regards to Park Sung-hwan, it seems his playing days are over as he was seen coaching Son Wan-ho.
    It is true they have been over for quite some time. As for the coaching, Son played only one match at the Korea Open and this photo shows Ahn Jae Chang was coaching him. I'm not saying you didn't see Park. I'm just asking if you are sure. Park is not a national team coach and Son isn't on the Yonex team, where Park does coach, which is why he was courtside for Hong Ji Hoon and Lee Dong Keun at the Korea GPG.
    I was expecting to see LHI play in the VKBO 2014 but he was no where in sight.
    Has he retired for good?
    As mentioned in the Badzine article linked to above, Lee is only playing tournaments where the Korean national team is not participating. The Korea GPG was a special case. He attempted to play the Malaysia IC in November but didn't have the points from his GPG win yet so he didn't make the cut. Look for him in an IC this spring or in the Djarum again or Axiata Cup, etc.

  6. #210
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    It is true they have been over for quite some time. As for the coaching, Son played only one match at the Korea Open and this photo shows Ahn Jae Chang was coaching him. I'm not saying you didn't see Park. I'm just asking if you are sure. Park is not a national team coach and Son isn't on the Yonex team, where Park does coach, which is why he was courtside for Hong Ji Hoon and Lee Dong Keun at the Korea GPG.As mentioned in the Badzine article linked to above, Lee is only playing tournaments where the Korean national team is not participating. The Korea GPG was a special case. He attempted to play the Malaysia IC in November but didn't have the points from his GPG win yet so he didn't make the cut. Look for him in an IC this spring or in the Djarum again or Axiata Cup, etc.
    Maybe I was mistaken but I did see PSH in one of the tournaments that SWH won or reached the final late last year. PSH has the height of CL but tended to be 'lazy' retrieving shots from his opponents. He did beat LD once and that is to his credit. I think he retired too early.

  7. #211
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    Maybe I was mistaken but I did see PSH in one of the tournaments that SWH won or reached the final late last year. PSH has the height of CL but tended to be 'lazy' retrieving shots from his opponents. He did beat LD once and that is to his credit. I think he retired too early.
    Park actually beat Lin Dan 4 times. He retired because of a shoulder injury that he couldn't recover from. He did not even play domestically after the 2011 Worlds. As for the Macau and Vietnam, and even Chinese Taipei, all of which Son won, the coach you might have seen was Park Tae Sang. If you happened to see him on Youtube during one of the Superseries matches, you might recall Gillian Clark mentioning that he had beaten Bao Chunlai in the Athens Olympics.
    Last edited by event; 01-15-2014 at 03:04 AM.

  8. #212
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    It is true they have been over for quite some time. As for the coaching, Son played only one match at the Korea Open and this photo shows Ahn Jae Chang was coaching him. I'm not saying you didn't see Park. I'm just asking if you are sure. Park is not a national team coach and Son isn't on the Yonex team, where Park does coach, which is why he was courtside for Hong Ji Hoon and Lee Dong Keun at the Korea GPG.
    Found some photos of Park with coat coaching LDK for the local yonex korean team? And doing part time job as umpire for some matches






  9. #213
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,532
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Park actually beat Lin Dan 4 times. He retired because of a shoulder injury that he couldn't recover from. He did not even play domestically after the 2011 Worlds. As for the Macau and Vietnam, and even Chinese Taipei, all of which Son won, the coach you might have seen was Park Tae Sang. If you happened to see him on Youtube during one of the Superseries matches, you might recall Gillian Clark mentioning that he had beaten Bao Chunlai in the Athens Olympics.
    PSH didnt achieve what he could have unfortunately.

  10. #214
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Park actually beat Lin Dan 4 times.
    Park : Lin Dan = 4:13

    while

    LCW : LD = 9:22

    LCW did better than PSW against LD.
    LCW winning 29% : PSW winning 23%

  11. #215
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    kl,malaysia
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Off topic this is Lee Hyun Il thread not Park SW!!!!!!!!!

  12. #216
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Malacca, M'sia
    Posts
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    was wondering where PSH had been...looks like we finally got our answer. and yes off topic but it was interesting.

  13. #217
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,445
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lee Hyun Il has signed up with Apacs

  14. #218
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I expect him to participate in future super series

    Current ranking is 130. Can he make it back to top 20 or even top 10 again for his most probably last time burst of action before really ending his career for good

  15. #219
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    789
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LHI just won the Canadian Open GPG. He went through all his matches like a breeze, winning them all in two sets.
    This is great news. I wonder how his ranking will change.
    He is also participating in the US open, with stronger opponents. Lets see!

  16. #220
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    789
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After a bit of searching, I gather that he will jump to about the 80th ranking place. He he gets another good result at the US open, he will get very close to enter the SS without qualifications.

  17. #221
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    789
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I suppose the Asian Games, held in his country, is his motivation anyway. He needs enough points to enter the Korean selection. I wonder how much that would be. He would be a force to take into account if he gets in.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Has Lee Hyun Il retired?
    By mouthsky1117 in forum Korea Professional Players
    Replies: 40
    : 02-23-2009, 01:19 AM
  2. Lee Hyun Il
    By weeyet in forum Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005
    Replies: 31
    : 05-19-2008, 03:15 AM
  3. Lee Hyun Il Vs CJ
    By tyran in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 9
    : 09-13-2006, 03:55 AM
  4. lee hyun ill won!
    By aiyuuw in forum China Masters 2005 / Indonesian Open 2005
    Replies: 4
    : 09-29-2005, 12:10 AM
  5. LEE Hyun Il
    By ljq in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 10-16-2002, 02:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •