Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picture of Lin Dan new style grip with no butt cap
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin dan's N90 is old batch production(black grommet). New N90 has red grommet

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD also played more hold & flicks and deceptive shots when he was using the "new" style grip (with no bottom cap). towards the end he switched back to his "LD-style" grip (grip only to halfway) and his game was more like the LD we all know - efficient and powerful.

seems like he was toying with Gade in the earlier part of the match, he played a lot of hold & flicks, deceptive net shots, double motions etc. not as many powerful smashes but more angled ones. towards the end he went back to his traditional style to get those final few points and close out the match.

what's scary is that LD has two contrasting styles now. as if it wasn't hard enough to beat him in his traditional style! he has varied his game and based on his performance against Gade in the final, it can be reasonably concluded that he has been successful in this endeavour!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Seems the "no butt cap" thing is only with a few or even just one certain racquet

Look here:

Name:  SIN2011 MSSF Dan LIN [CHN] vs [DEN] Peter Hoeg GADE_BTV~ilovecp.wmv_snapshot_00.06.jpg
Views: 3453
Size:  42.2 KB

Notice the red coloured old style Li Ning logo in the centre of the butt plate? Notice also the white coloured athlete tape covering the whole of the butt cap and a bit of the butt cap plate?

For those who can't read Chinese, the top right corner reads 2011 Singapore Badminton Super Series Live, Semifinal Lin Dan -vs- Gade.

Now compare it to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Maybe this can prove that Lin dan remove the bottom cap

Actually I wonder why the athlete tape hovers in such a definable shape around the wooden handle, if the butt cap is totally gone. Would the athlete tape not stick directly onto the wooden handle and create a totally different shape rather than defy physics and hover as such and let you see the wooden handle so cleanly

It is just the butt cap plate which has been removed possibly due to prior damage and it cracking apart and flaking off, leaving the sides of the butt cap still intact. And that is at least true for this racquet, but not all of his racquets.

This is for you all who insist that Lin Dan has removed all his racquets' butt cap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    Look here:

Name:  SIN2011 MSSF Dan LIN [CHN] vs [DEN] Peter Hoeg GADE_BTV~ilovecp.wmv_snapshot_00.06.jpg
Views: 3453
Size:  42.2 KB

Notice the red coloured old style Li Ning logo in the centre of the butt plate? Notice also the white coloured athlete tape covering the whole of the butt cap and a bit of the butt cap plate?

For those who can't read Chinese, the top right corner reads 2011 Singapore Badminton Super Series Live, Semifinal Lin Dan -vs- Gade.

Now compare it to this:

Actually I wonder why the athlete tape hovers in such a definable shape around the wooden handle, if the butt cap is totally gone. Would the athlete tape not stick directly onto the wooden handle and create a totally different shape rather than defy physics and hover as such and let you see the wooden handle so cleanly

It is just the butt cap plate which has been removed possibly due to prior damage and it cracking apart and flaking off, leaving the sides of the butt cap still intact. And that is at least true for this racquet, but not all of his racquets.

This is for you all who insist that Lin Dan has removed all his racquets' butt cap
    AFAIK, no one said than Lin dan has removed all his rackets' butt cap.

Just share something different about Lin dan at Sudirman cup, new grip style and remove the bottom cap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seem to me, this racket was modified with a insertion of metal rod into the handle to give extra flip to flex the racket to optimum...was this act allow in baddy tournament?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    seem to me, this racket was modified with a insertion of metal rod into the handle to give extra flip to flex the racket to optimum...was this act allow in baddy tournament?
    1. I don't see any metal rod
    2. Why would inserting a metal rod into the grip change anything about the flex? The handle is just some wood screwed to the shaft, you can't put something into the shaft, it's closed up.
    3. There are some rules about the racket, limiting the size (head length/width, total length). You are allowed to modify your racket in any way you want as long as those measurements remain within the allowed limits and there is nothing about the racket you can change mid-game/mid-rally (e.g. moving/removing some weight to change the BP/weight). Ergo, inserting something into the handle is a legal modification of your racket.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Another "broken" racquet grip

Guess who this racquet belongs to:

Name:  014248zwxwd7uox6ld4uzs.jpg
Views: 3759
Size:  41.9 KB

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheng Shao Chieh? I can't spell her name for my life, but I mean the WC WS silver medalist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Cheng Shao Chieh? I can't spell her name for my life, but I mean the WC WS silver medalist
    Could it be someone who plays for Japan ? Jp code

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most player use jp coded racket even he/she dont play for japan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Yes, it is Cheng Shao-chieh's NS9900 with her version of the half-towel grip

Quote Originally Posted by faris azmi View Post
    most player use jp coded racket even he/she dont play for japan
    That is not always the case. Take for example the CHN team when they were under Yonex sponsorship; they all use CP coded racquets. It's the same with the others such as DK [normal market specs] and DP [special ordered specs] for the Denmark team and SP/IP [normal market specs] and IN [special ordered specs] for the INA team etc.

What I do know is that the MA team tends to prefer the JP coded racquets although they have their own MA coded ones. LCW was using the JP AT900P (but probably because he likes the "Gummetal" print which is only available in the JP versions).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all German players use GR coded rackets as well (no JP/SP), at least when those are available

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is the red tape on CSC's racket?is it the underwrap or what?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faris azmi View Post
    what is the red tape on CSC's racket?is it the underwrap or what?
    Electric tape I guess

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to keep the wood from splintering when you pull off the towel grip. Electric tape is the most popular choice.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast