User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 189
  1. #103
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As already mentioned its to stop his hand from creeping up the top.
    You'l be surprised how much easier it feels when playing, if you keep your hand near the bottom. Lengthens your leverage and in turn gives you more power and motion through your movements.

  2. #104
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    arcadia
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default the grip.....

    "Isn't exposing the wood a bad idea since moisture (especially sweat) can easily absorbed by the wood and make it brittle and snap in the long run?"

    .....Don't worry about that, by that time, either your racket cracked or you want a new racket!!!!!..........................If i were betting someone the odd of the racket collide and cracked first, or the wooden part will absorb moisture and snap on you......Which will happen first? Which odd would you be betting on Collide and cracked vs. Moisture-to crack the handle!!!!!

    By the way, you can fix the handle better than broken frame!!!

    I fix my AT700 broken frame myself, and it works great: Just a little more head heavy, but end up playing stronger smashed.....that the wayz LIN DAN like it......LOL

  3. #105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After hearing about this, I actually started holding my racket near the bottom. After I got used to it, I noticed almost instant improvement in the power of my smashes and the consistency of my clears.

  4. #106
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyone noticed that Lindan's grip during the 2009 WC is different now... he grips only the middle part of the racquet handle...

    source: http://sports.sina.com.cn
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  5. #107
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    close up photo:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #108
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lin Dan's grip actually makes a lot of sense. When you grip your fingers over say a handle, the forces your fingers impart on the handle will vary from efficient to less efficient. A handle/grip that is of the same thickness from the cap to the butt end is less efficient. Have you ever used a large chopper or knife with a straight handle versus one with a contoured handle?
    All my grips are contoured, with the butt end slightly larger, then from the butt towards the handle (about 1" to 2" of the handle) the grip is very slim, ideal for your two little fingers to dig in for more grip and power. The middle of the handle is the thickest part, and the remaining 2" to 3" of the handle up towards the cap/shaft is again very slim/thin. Try this. You will be surprised such a contoured grip, which I borrowed from contoured knife handles, can give you and your fingers that extra comfort and power.

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ? ?The Moon? ?
    Posts
    1,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Taneepak , I might try this.

    So small on the bottom of the handle , large in the middle , and small again near the top of the handle.

    Taneepak you know about everything in badminton , grips , shuttles stringing machines , I always have to read your comments when scrolling through BC.

  8. #110
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eepak is the guru here mind you. I think he knows more about badminton when some of us dont even exist yet.

  9. #111
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ? ?The Moon? ?
    Posts
    1,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From now on , I will call him Guru Taneepak .

  10. #112
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yep, after switching to Li-Ning, he only grips the middle.

  11. #113
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krisss View Post
    Taneepak , I might try this.

    So small on the bottom of the handle , large in the middle , and small again near the top of the handle.

    Taneepak you know about everything in badminton , grips , shuttles stringing machines , I always have to read your comments when scrolling through BC.
    No, I don't know everything-that would be a death sentence for me. I am by nature passionately curious and knowing everything gets in the way by locking one's curiousity down to rot for good.
    I am now into new frontiers with my own shuttlecock designs and I find the real world (market) in certain countries can be quite different from what I assume to be, that one criteria suits all.

  12. #114
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    No, I don't know everything-that would be a death sentence for me. I am by nature passionately curious and knowing everything gets in the way by locking one's curiousity down to rot for good.
    I am now into new frontiers with my own shuttlecock designs and I find the real world (market) in certain countries can be quite different from what I assume to be, that one criteria suits all.
    So , Professor Taneepak for you then ..
    Or , Mr . Doctor Professor taneepak (refer on spongebob story)

  13. #115
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    close up photo:

    Dear Sealman:

    Thanks for your sharp observation. I am just wondering if other single player does the same? What about those who play double? Thanks.

    A. CST

  14. #116
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lin Dan still use the towel grip or change to other? And the brand is Li Ning?

  15. #117
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    towel grip. of course its li ning

  16. #118
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Li Ning towel grips seem cheap :X

  17. #119
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    www.badstrings.com
    Posts
    670
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Lin Dan's grip actually makes a lot of sense. When you grip your fingers over say a handle, the forces your fingers impart on the handle will vary from efficient to less efficient. A handle/grip that is of the same thickness from the cap to the butt end is less efficient. Have you ever used a large chopper or knife with a straight handle versus one with a contoured handle?
    All my grips are contoured, with the butt end slightly larger, then from the butt towards the handle (about 1" to 2" of the handle) the grip is very slim, ideal for your two little fingers to dig in for more grip and power. The middle of the handle is the thickest part, and the remaining 2" to 3" of the handle up towards the cap/shaft is again very slim/thin. Try this. You will be surprised such a contoured grip, which I borrowed from contoured knife handles, can give you and your fingers that extra comfort and power.
    Would you mind showing us a pic?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The "U", the "G" and the "tension" specifications of a Badminton racket
    By chris-ccc in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 78
    : 02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    : 09-05-2010, 03:59 AM
  3. Smash grip: "LJB" Vs. "Finger power"
    By Gollum in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 96
    : 09-13-2008, 02:27 AM
  4. "Oops!...I did it again!" (Yet another broken racket)
    By DinkAlot in forum Broken Rackets
    Replies: 79
    : 04-07-2008, 05:09 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    : 11-22-2006, 04:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •