Starting a cross stringing from the top

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by chicteenager, Jan 25, 2006.

1. chicteenager

chicteenager Regular Member

Student
    I have an armotec 800 and string it on my own. Based on the recommendation of yonex, i am advised to begin the cross from the top (5th hole from the top). However, I have one problem. I find that sometimes the knot that i tie does not stay in place. It even snaps sometimes. Any recommendation? What kind of knots do you guys use? Thanks.

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I am not sure about your question. Did you mean the knot breaks or the string on the knot breaks?

Normally, I do double knot on it. So I don't need to pull way hard on the knotting but still make the things working.

3. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

Do you use a starting knot? This site has some descriptions of various knots:

http://www.keohi.com/tennis/misc/knots.htm

Another tip I just got from USRSA is to use a starting clamp to prevent the starting knot from disappearing into the grommet. What you do is clamp the tail, before you cut it, against the the inside of the frame. If you tie the knot correctly, the clamp is just a precaution. If you're worried about it marking the frame, you can make a padding out of a bit of leather, which was what I've done.

HTH.