National Sports Bureau Officially affirm Lin Dan as a World Champion

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cxytdn, Jan 25, 2006.

1. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

Superdan became a men's singles world champion before chinese "dog" new year arrived. National Sports Bureau Officially affirmed Lin Dan as a World Champion after he had got men's single champion of the Invitational World Cup. At the same time Xie Zhongbo and Zhang Yawen also were regarded as mixed doubles world champions.

World Cup's champions are looked the same as olympic champions and world championships' champions in China. The world cup returned after it was closed down in 1997. "The champions of Invitational world cup must be recognized by National Sports Bureau as world champions becouse of so many years of cancelling." Li Yongbo said.

Lin Dan said:"I look on National Sports Bureau's recognizing as a kind of encourager, and being world and olympic champion is my "biggest" aim in the future "

#1 cxytdn, Jan 25, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Who is the National Sports Bureau? Is it a Chinese organization or is it international? If it is Chinese, then that's a bit of a joke to declare LD the World champion. Granted LD has been playing very well lately but IMHO, the "World Champion" label is reserved for the winner of the World Championships (and we know who that is).

3. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    Taufik Hidayat!!!

Yeah baby! Will the Real World Champion please stand up, please stand up...

4. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Yes, World Cup is not World ChampionShip.

They are not allowed to give Lin Dan a "World Champion" title, only IBF is allowed to do this... :rolleyes:

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Are they that desperate that they have to "award" the title of "World Champion" *cough, cough, snicker, snicker* to Lin Dan. Are they afraid no one would recognize him for his achievements. Maybe it was all a joke? :D

6. uluh dayak

uluh dayak Regular Member

this joke is not funny at all. would you think that a country so great will do such a low and embarrassing thing? they are dominating now, they don't have to dothat and go back to the era before they join ibf.
    In one commentary at lativi last week ae, imelda said that she had seen the stock of good players from china(so abundant) that they will surely dominate at least till 2010 especially on WS and WD. no, china is not that lame to do a self proclaim greatness.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

In that case, I declare Bobby Milroy the... errrr.... World Champion of players that like to wear long sleeves to play. :p :p

The point is that if one association/body starts declaring someone "World Champion", anybody can. Then who is the world champion? PBSI could claim Taufik to be World champion... hang on a sec... he IS the world champion. As I mentioned earlier, IMHO, there is only ONE world champion, and he is the one who wins the world championship.

8. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    why is everyone so curious about this?Lin Dan has held the world no.1 tag for almost 3years..thomas cup finals.....he justified it yet again!HE IS THE WORLD CHAMPION!

9. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    This is funny. You have to win the world championship in order to become the world champion. This so-called "National Sport Bureau" can choose for the best player and honor him as the "National Sport Bureau's best player of the year", but not the title "World Champion".

10. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    No,although he has been in the first for almost three years but this doesn't means that he is the world champion.World champion title can only be awarded after the World Championship in Madrid this September.It is not fair to many other players.The Thomas Cup is a team competition that needs everybody cooperation.I think is to early to say who is the world champion,lets us wait and see.:) :)

11. cao ci dan

student
    OK!let's us just wait and see!

12. cao ci dan

student
    I'm fully confident he will win!

13. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Don't be too sure about something that have not happen yet.It doesn't means that you can't think of it but don't put to highly hope.From my experience,when something that you highly hope can't happen,you will be more sad.Don't be to objective about the WC,beside LD,don't forget that there are still many good players such as LCW,TH,PG.........They all can definitely compete with him.This doesn't mean that LD is not good,he is indeed a talented player and has help China a lot in the few years but there are also many other good player and please see around you.(But i think that your eye only got LD coz i can tell that you are his super fans.Ha...ha...:D :D )

14. WangCai

WangCai Regular Member

Yes, i can know that from his name "cao ci dan".
    i hope he can win WC in Madrid. otherwise, it may destroy his confidence. he has too much stress as he tells he nearly crashed when hes 0-13 down in WC final last year. i wish this wouldn't happen this year.
    the champions of World Cup in Yiyang last year were tagged with "WORLD CHAMPION". and they have their own pictures put together with the former world champions of China.
    it is important for them to get the title coz they will be treated differently after retirement.

15. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    if i were lin dan i would refused that award :D

wake up, LIN

if u want to be world chamipion, win one please :D

16. cao ci dan

student
    huh..u all bully me!hehe..just kidding!ok Dan...its all up to you now!Prove to them....all the best..i'll be there supporting you!

17. emms626

emms626 Regular Member

student

18. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

erm... I declare Lee Chong Wei as the world champion

19. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

First, you need to setup a National Badminton Bureau. :D

20. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I concur ! I recognize the greatness of Lee Chong Wei and I see him as current singles world champion.

BTW, what is National Sports Bureau??? Sounds like its above IBF to me. Maybe it tries to replace IBF and form a new body to govern the sport of Badminton. Watch out IBF!!! Start counting your days..

#20 chibe_K, Jul 8, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2006