User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: double skipping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default double skipping

ey guys, i was able to read in a couple of threads about pylometrics and double skipping. im really at a lost as to what exactly is double skipping? thx.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double skipping in skip/jump rope means to jump once and twirl the rope around twice.

Normal skipping goes like this: jump - rope passes - jump - rope passes...

In double skipping: jump - rope passes - rope passes - jump - rope passes - rope passes...

What double skipping does is build up explosive power specifically in your calves, other leg muscles secondary. It's for that initial lunge of burst speed. Double skipping fast, it can be anaerobic and doing it for an extended period of time can lead to aerobic benefits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Double skipping in skip/jump rope means to jump once and twirl the rope around twice.

In double skipping: jump - rope passes - rope passes - jump - rope passes - rope passes...

What double skipping does is build up explosive power specifically in your calves, other leg muscles secondary. It's for that initial lunge of burst speed. Double skipping fast, it can be anaerobic and doing it for an extended period of time can lead to aerobic benefits.
    Speaking bout calves , will skipping or double make ur calf muscles bigger or harder? coz i used to have hard calf muscles when i like tense up my muscle but i can see it got smaller and softer when i tense it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jas1121
    Speaking bout calves , will skipping or double make ur calf muscles bigger or harder? coz i used to have hard calf muscles when i like tense up my muscle but i can see it got smaller and softer when i tense it.
    skipping is a great way to increase calf strength.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And get yelled at by your wife for damn near ripping down the ceiling fan

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ViningWolff
    And get yelled at by your wife for damn near ripping down the ceiling fan
    "Wife"? What's that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I searched in this forum and found that

Normal skipping is: jump-rope passes-jump - rope passes...

Double skipping is: jump - rope passes- jump -jump - rope passes - jump- jump

pls correct me if i am wrong.

Note : i tried this jump- rope passes- rope passes -jump found it difficult any tips to do this properly? by the i am able to do the normal skipping 1000 counts at one go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by satheesh
    I searched in this forum and found that

Normal skipping is: jump-rope passes-jump - rope passes...

Double skipping is: jump - rope passes- jump -jump - rope passes - jump- jump

pls correct me if i am wrong.

Note : i tried this jump- rope passes- rope passes -jump found it difficult any tips to do this properly? by the i am able to do the normal skipping 1000 counts at one go

Totally wrong.
    This is how you do it.

Normal Skip ---> One jump and rope go round/loop you once, jump and rope go round/loop you once.

Double Skip---> One jump and rope go round/loop you twice, jump and rope go round/loop you twice.

Skipping also improve your wrist strength if you do it correctly with rotation of wrist, you will feel you wrist getting tired which is very good for those who wish to strengthen their wrist power.

How to achieve this :
    You need to have

(1) good timing of jumping
    (2) good timing and rotation of wrist
    (3) A good jumping height so that the rope can loop you twice.

Advice for beginner, do normal skip for the first skip or the first few skips, to get the momentum before trying the double.

Get a decent skipping rope. Avoid those with metal coil on the center of the rope! Metal coil on rope does help to generate speed of the loop but if it hit you, it can be as bad as a CANE sentenced for crime. Believe me, you do not want to try that.

By the way, Zhao Jianhua can do TRIPLE Skip!!! Grrrr.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hyun007
    By the way, Zhao Jianhua can do TRIPLE Skip!!! Grrrr.........

My record is 13 tripples... my coach was telling me that one of the players he trained with could do quadrouples and could do doubles without a single mistake for an hour in flipflops on a track outside in the blistering Indonesian heat! Sun Jun could do quadrouples I've heard as well. I bet Lin Dan, LCW, Xia, WCH, Shoji Sato can all do quadrouples as well. I bet Zhao could as well... with the legs on that guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian =--(O)
    My record is 13 tripples... my coach was telling me that one of the players he trained with could do quadrouples and could do doubles without a single mistake for an hour in flipflops on a track outside in the blistering Indonesian heat! Sun Jun could do quadrouples I've heard as well. I bet Lin Dan, LCW, Xia, WCH, Shoji Sato can all do quadrouples as well. I bet Zhao could as well... with the legs on that guy
    I do not think they can do quadrouples skip consistently for long. It is just uneffective when that is the case.

Will advice most people to stick with double skip which is good enough in quality if you can do the quantity without mistake. Also, it is just not the kind of skipping exercise for most people here. Of course, if you are able to make at least 50 and above consistently, it will be good to do it and keep repeating it for 15-30mins.

Honestly, I think that double skips is good enough. One example is why that Indonesia guy who done it for an hour rather than doing triple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default double skipping

Quote Originally Posted by dony_X
    ey guys, i was able to read in a couple of threads about pylometrics and double skipping. im really at a lost as to what exactly is double skipping? thx.
    it's what the philippine team do as well pare... i saw them train once... it's not as easy as you think... i'm still trying to learn it

isang talon 2 ikot ng jump rope pero tuloy tuloy...

it's amazing how other people can do triple and quadruple... then again they're pros

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think they can do quadrouples skip consistently for long. It is just uneffective when that is the case.

Will advice most people to stick with double skip which is good enough in quality if you can do the quantity without mistake. Also, it is just not the kind of skipping exercise for most people here. Of course, if you are able to make at least 50 and above consistently, it will be good to do it and keep repeating it for 15-30mins.

Honestly, I think that double skips is good enough. One example is why that Indonesia guy who done it for an hour rather than doing triple.
    Actually, while I was training, I was told to do double step skipping for half an hour. And my coach's son was beside me doing triple for half an hour. So there is benefit in doing triple also. The duration in which you remain on the ground have to be less when you're doing triple and even less when doing quadruple.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    The duration in which you remain on the ground have to be less when you're doing triple and even less when doing quadruple.
    Of course. Also, you have to turn the rope much faster.

Doing doubles continuously for 30 minutes is extremely impressive. Doing triples for 30 continuous minutes?! That's unheard of this side of super jump ropers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing doubles continuously for 30 minutes is extremely impressive. Doing triples for 30 continuous minutes?! That's unheard of this side of super jump ropers.
    What I mean if you can keep consistent for 50 triple skips and above, keep doing it repeatly for 15-30mins.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I mean if you can keep consistent for 50 triple skips and above, keep doing it repeatly for 15-30mins.
    Even doing one triple skip is impressive. To do them continuous is extremely impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

triple skips and quadruple skips are all possible...its all practice...when i started out i thot double skips are for elites...i couldnt do it even after 2 WEEKS!!! then with more patient i can do 10-20 in a row now and with practice i can cross the rope and back again while doin single skip which was impossible for me at the start...soon i'll attempt triple but not yet till i perfect my double

gota go to a tourny now...laterz...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tze yang
    triple skips and quadruple skips are all possible...its all practice...when i started out i thot double skips are for elites...i couldnt do it even after 2 WEEKS!!! then with more patient i can do 10-20 in a row now and with practice i can cross the rope and back again while doin single skip which was impossible for me at the start...soon i'll attempt triple but not yet till i perfect my double

gota go to a tourny now...laterz...
    Doubles skips are easy. Triple and quadruple are a completely different thing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast