Anywhere to play in Connecticut?

Discussion in 'USA East' started by Joey, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Joey

Joey Guest

badminton in connecticut?

i am moving to ct soon and i want to play badminton there, anyone know where i can play?

2. ChrisB

ChrisB New Member

well, I see this email is over a year old (almost 2 now), but I'll still answer it in the hopes you'll read this or some other CT resident wishes to play. Miss Porter's School in Farmington has a Weds night session. Newington Park and Rec has a club, but they're always full and don't seem to take extras. Greenwich is really big, but I don't know where specifically. If anyone knows of others please post them, as I'd love to know as well.

Thanks
    Hope it helps
    Chris

3. mitchy_girl94

mitchy_girl94 New Member

Fairfield club plays every mondays 7:30-9:30 pm, at Tomlinson Middle School its near westport or i think exit 22 going 95 north. COntact person Peter Bartush, I cant find his number at this time but you can search on the web. Where exactly in ct are you going to move? Also Greenwich YMCA or YWCA has court tues, thurs 7-9pm, walk in fees are $10, i think. With the fairfield club its $5/year membership and $3/day for the shuttle fees :) not bad eh?
    Hope this helps

4. drolight

drolight New Member

More CT Badminton Courts?

Joey and others, thanks for the info. Any chance there are places other than Miss Porter's and the Newington Park and Rec Club? I live near Farmington/Avon and could use the exercise. Used to play in highschool and my racquets may need to be restrung. Any ideas where I can take them? Any contact info for Miss Porter's school and the Newington Park and Rec Club? Thanks!

5. mswoon

mswoon New Member

Greenwich, CT, YWCA. It would open again in March, around the 8th. 7:30-9:30pm Tue and Thu, Sat 2:30-4:45pm. Last year it was $10 per session non-member, $8 "Program Member" - Program Membership costs $85 per year, and free for Full Members.

6. mitchy_girl94

mitchy_girl94 New Member

I called them a few weeks ago and they said its just Wednesdays now 730am to 11 am only $8-10 can't remember

7. mitchy_girl94

mitchy_girl94 New Member

oops made a mistake..mswoon was correct greenwich was open tues, thurs 730p with $10 fees for nonmembers:p

8. mofei

mofei Regular Member

Orange club

Orange, CT: Mary Tracy School, Orange Center Road
    Mon, Thu 7-10:30pm, $5 each time (less if working or living in Orange)

Summer schedule not yet announced

9. jaganleo

jaganleo New Member

Badminton courts near to Hartford

Hi All,

I am new to Hartford. Does anyone know the places to play badminton near to Hartford. I desperately want to play badminton. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out in this. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Jag

10. hidayat fan

hidayat fan Regular Member

high school
    Places I have played in Connecticut:

Monday: Farmington middle school, sadly only in the summer
    Tuesday: Either Henry James Middle School or Simsbury Highschool both in Simsbury at 7, 9 courts
    Wed: Miss Porters school in Farmington at 7:30, good players, especially a guy named Radu Milevschi my coach
    Thursday: Again the places in simsbury, they play both tuesday and thursday
    Friday: Farmington highschool, sadly only in the summer

11. bmintongbury

bmintongbury Regular Member

The only place i get to play at is the open gym at the local high school. Are there any clubs or places to play in Connecticut, preferably closer to Glastonbury.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  13. hmypnrg

hmypnrg Regular Member

Several locations you can go...

There are clubs in Greenwich, Fairfiled, Orange, and Ridgefield (currently closed). Let me know which one is more convenient for you and I will give your more detailed information.

14. hmypnrg

hmypnrg Regular Member

15. stam_nimm

stam_nimm New Member

Badminton clubs in Stamford or other towns in fairfield county

Hi,

I moved to stamford recently and am wondering if there are clubs that i could join to play badminton. I moved from chicago and have been an active player back in chicago. Any pointers/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

16. Krish

Krish New Member

Places to play near Norwalk

Hi,

I recently moved to Norwalk CT and am looking for places and partners to play.

Krish :cool:

17. mitchy_girl94

mitchy_girl94 New Member

Krish, Stam

:D Hi :) why dont you look up the links by lazy buddy, that helped a lot. I also love in Norwalk and I usually play in greenwich ywca Mon, tue and thurs 730-930pm. $12 drop in fee but if you become an affiliate member, $100/year, it will be $8 per day. Bring your own shuttles, all levels of play. Also play in NY, just google or click on lazy's links, Brooklyn Club, NYCB in manhattan, friendly in Jamaica, NY, lost batallion rego park, chinatown.All in NY, there is one club in fairfield by coach Peter Bartush and he holds summer plays and its the cheapest. Hope this helps :)

18. dropking

dropking New Member

Anyone want to play in Stamford, CT?

Hi. Just arrived in Stamford. Want to play badminton. Looking for other like minded people to play with. I have been playing for many years in asia, just moved to the USA. Hate to go to the gym and getting fat fast.

19. hmypnrg

hmypnrg Regular Member

Welcome to Stamford!

I live in Stamford too, right off Hope St. We have several badminton players in the area. I do play at least three time a week including a trip to NY every Saturday. You can email me at wjjwshanghai@hotmail.com if you need any information on badminton clubs or if you want to have a ride to the clubs.

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I can sense a car pool loaded with CT players each weekend now. :p Take a good rest, and see you on Sat. ;)