User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Banner Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just made one, with all the people in the #1 positions. It seems kind of racist, I suppose, with all the Chinese. But hey, I'm Chinese, so..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sorry this took so long!!! but i have updated the site to use the new banner. thanks GunBlade for creating it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ah...very, very nice...

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    sorry this took so long!!! but i have updated the site to use the new banner. thanks GunBlade for creating it!
    ...thanks for the update, kwun...and of course to GunBlade008..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying the banners bad or anything, but you should've put atleast one girl on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duely noted, I shall remember to put more females for future references The next one will probably be made around the WC2007, which is the biggest tournament this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey it looks quite good , nice to have a change every now and then. Well done! The change is very welcome .

Are other people allowed to have a go as well, next time it gets an update? I think it would be quite cool to hold a contest or something.
    Last edited by phaarix; 05-11-2007 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the new banner is nice. at least is has representative from every countries. fair to everyone and everyone is happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay new banner very nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The new BadmintonCentral Pic sux

The world number one relegated to the farthest background. 3 insignificant bland shuttles elevated to extraordinary and unjustifiable prominance.

Would the designer of this pic explain himself ? May I suggest extra evening graphic design classes for him ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh where is the pic?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoo6
    The world number one relegated to the farthest background. 3 insignificant bland shuttles elevated to extraordinary and unjustifiable prominance.

Would the designer of this pic explain himself ? May I suggest extra evening graphic design classes for him ?
    i suggest CoolDoo6 make a new one for us. i will be happy to put it up if it is as nice as GunBlade's creation.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

NOTE to all:

for future banner designs, please reduce the height of the design to 65pixels high. i want to reduce the amount of screen area spend on the header graphics which will allow more content to be shown...

also, for the real guru, think about whether you can make a full width header, grab the "BadmintonCentral.com" title graphics and try to blend that with some background design. the BadmintonCentral.com title must still stand out though.

the best title design is the one that captures the spirit of BC well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regards to CD6, I'd like to tell you hold your insults to yourself please I think many people on this forum has had enough of you, but yet you continue with your idiotic ramblings and try in a futile attempt to hand out the insults and hate that you've accumalated since being on this forum.

If you don't like it, I'm sure many others on this forum do, especially kwun since it was his idea that sparked the banner design. Not only that, why should I make it so that the players are of greater size due to their ranking points? I don't have to explain myself to the likes of you, the ones that sit behind the computer screen, dishing out insults and false arguments that can't be proven true. I don't need graphic design lessons but I think perhaps your mother and father that should've given you a lesson in manners.

Case in point, I'd like to see you make a banner, instead of running your mouth behind a computer screen. Those who can't do, critic, and that's all that you are capable of doing, my friend. I do this of my own free will with no pay and I do it for the Badminton Central forum community. It is my way of thanking kwun for making this community, and thanking the community itself for providing all of us with helpful insights into the sport we love so much.

CoolDoo6, If you'd like to settle this privately and perhaps try to give me opinions, then let's...but of course, we all know how desperate you are for attention so I will be expecting a post in this thread instead haha. However, I shall keep my PM inbox open for you where you are free to criticize my works, but not to your pathetic insults that represent your own self-worth.

To other members: Sorry, I've had quite a bad day today and his insulting and demeaning post set me off. Please ignore this post and have a nice day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default take a chill pill

I think the way it was designed with the shuttles' significance to remind people that its not always about the starrrsss and about the game itself anyway. And the world number 1 has enough publicity already anyway ;P

I think its a great design Maybe the only-male-players issue is worth considering. Hmmm maybe can do two banners one showcasing the male stars from singles and doubles and the other showcasing the female stars from singles and doubles too. And then make it into a flash sort of banner picture that changes every 20 seconds or something.. But u will need the MX flash program to do that though!

Good job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Darn, you just encourage CD6 to reply . Uh oh, more COGless postings . . .

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teabag
    I think the way it was designed with the shuttles' significance to remind people that its not always about the starrrsss and about the game itself anyway. And the world number 1 has enough publicity already anyway ;P

I think its a great design Maybe the only-male-players issue is worth considering. Hmmm maybe can do two banners one showcasing the male stars from singles and doubles and the other showcasing the female stars from singles and doubles too. And then make it into a flash sort of banner picture that changes every 20 seconds or something.. But u will need the MX flash program to do that though!

Good job
    no flash banners please... i cannot stand things that keeps on changing in the background.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You captured the essence of Asian culture.

Quote Originally Posted by GunBlade008
    I don't need graphic design lessons but I think perhaps your mother and father that should've given you a lesson in manners.

To other members: Sorry, I've had quite a bad day today and his insulting and demeaning post set me off. Please ignore this post and have a nice day.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast