User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Banner Design

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all those who put in hard work for our breat BFBF and ask nothing in return.

THANK YOU!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No big deal...

Hmm, just my 2 cents:
    I think there could be a bit of misunderstanding here...
    - Re CoolDoo6 comments, i can understand he's probably thinking about the overall graphic "balance" of the pic. Not necessarily whether world #1 or world #10 is of different sizes. Re the shuttles as the main centerpiece, i personally, am fine with it. However, maybe it's the tone of his post which has caused GunBlade008 to feel a bit slighted.
    - Re GunBlade008's comments, i understand and appreciate your effort. I love the design! But at the same time, I think CoolDoo6's comment should't be taken too seriously. In a way, we just have to try to keep an open mind. Yes, it might sound "offensive" but let's try not to take it too "personally"..
    - About kwun's idea of having CoolDoo6 designing his own design, that's not a bad idea either. What do you think, CoolDoo6??..
    Perhaps CoolDoo6's comments are probably the result of a lack of designs, with only GunBlade008 giving the extra effort. Literally being the only one who's stepped up. But then, this new banner design has actually been sitting here for some time, prior to its installment, and available for some comments/critiques.
    Quote Originally Posted by teabag
    Maybe the only-male-players issue is worth considering. Hmmm maybe can do two banners one showcasing the male stars from singles and doubles and the other showcasing the female stars from singles and doubles too.
    ..tis a wonderful idea, teabag! I'm up for it, but how about kwun??...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-11-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ctjcad>> i think its prolly because CD6 has had a bad history of hurling not so nice comments, thats why. maybe he's just blunt by nature.

ha ha, sorrz to kwun! Eh maybe a rollover or some sort if not flash?! not that i'm a feminist or anything! but i'm sure if its a tennis banner, if there are 4 stars, we'll see roger federer, nadal, serena williams and maria sharapova..heh. but i think for badminton, they are too many hotshots to choose from perhaps. and 4 players from different countries is also fair, this one.

oh gunblade, the colour scheme on the banner is very lovely! brightens up the site! (:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by teabag
    ctjcad>> i think its prolly because CD6 has had a bad history of hurling not so nice comments, thats why. maybe he's just blunt by nature.
    ..then in that case, we have to try to "unblunt" his nature..
    oh gunblade, the colour scheme on the banner is very lovely! brightens up the site! (:
    ..yes, i second that!..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree the banner is great, and as GunBlade said, he's not doing it for pay or anything, he's making a voluntary contribution to a great community .

Hmm, I kind of see what CoolDoo is getting at with the sizes and balance of the image, but I don't think it's really much of an issue. I think it's also probably a stretch too far to call the shuttles "insignificant". They definitely serve a purpose and spice up the image. The colours used in the image also fit reasonably well with the rest of the site. It's all well and good to criticize (constructively) but it looks like most people agree that it could have been done in a less personal manner.
    Last edited by phaarix; 05-12-2007 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I like the current banner.

The shuttlecock is the most distinctive symbol of badminton. It should be the most prominent graphic element, because it immediately forms an association: "this place is about badminton".

The players could be anyone, unless you're a fan. Lin Dan is nowhere near as recognisable as a shuttlecock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
    Well, I like the current banner.

The shuttlecock is the most distinctive symbol of badminton. It should be the most prominent graphic element,
    Yes, I agree with you. But do u guys think those shuttles are a bit to big?
    Last edited by red00ecstrat; 05-12-2007 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kwun do you have a Photoshop file, or a transparent image of the Badminton Central logo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To place the champion of the sport at the back of the queue looking a bit noobish says one thing: that the best ambassador of this sport is irrelevant, therefore the sport is irrelevant.

As for the shuttlecocks that have no distinct form, the casual web visitors will not see shuttlecocks. But instead, they will see a blob of something. To me, this turned BC into a shuttlecock shop. Well, ok, I am sold. How much a dozen ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoo6
    To place the champion of the sport at the back of the queue looking a bit noobish says one thing: that the best ambassador of this sport is irrelevant, therefore the sport is irrelevant.

As for the shuttlecocks that have no distinct form, the casual web visitors will not see shuttlecocks. But instead, they will see a blob of something. To me, this turned BC into a shuttlecock shop. Well, ok, I am sold. How much a dozen ?
    Yeah he does seem kind of shoved into the back corner out of the way. But personally I'm not too bothered by it. If any visitor cannot recognise a shuttlecock then they would probably have little interest in the site anyway. To me the shuttlecock is the most recogniseable thing in badminton so I don't see why the use of them (even if they are just a little too dominant) should confuse people.

Most importantly though, like GunBlade said, he made these voluntarily so I don't think it's fair to be too picky about it. Overall it looks nice in my opinion and that's all that matters to me. I know I'm not going to spend my time on the site closely analyzing the banner.

Anyway I think we'd all like to see what you can come up with now (don't take that the wrong way, I really do) .
    Last edited by phaarix; 05-12-2007 at 07:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not going to come up with anything. I am sure most here will share my belief that being a critique is an adequate contribution.

If you are man enough to put your work up for all to see and therefore impose yourself on others, then you should be man enough to take some counter-punches when others don't share your perspective. If you can't handle that, then perhaps you should come back when you are older and with a better developed ego that isn't so easily bruised.

I have plenty of critics for my unique public works on BC, ie my posts. You don't see me complaining. I don't go around saying: please don't beat me up cos I am doing it for free.
    Last edited by CoolDoo6; 05-12-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*cough*

Don't feed the troll, please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
    *cough*

Don't feed the troll, please.
    Ok sorry sorry .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix
    Ok sorry sorry .
    hahahaha... couldn't help but laugh at this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who don't like it, complain and critic all you want, but the fact of the matter is that the banner won't change unless there is a better one submitted by other BC members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's see you play badminton without a shuttlecock...do they still seem dominant?

sorry Gollum...it got the best of me
    I think it's a great banner, a nice contribution!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GunBlade008
    For those who don't like it, complain and critic all you want, but the fact of the matter is that the banner won't change unless there is a better one submitted by other BC members.
    I like your design GunBlade008. IMHO it will be even better if you can give a little bit more space to the top of the shuttles.
    It may not be right. That's just my personal point of view.
    Thanks for taking your time to do it for us.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast