User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SHB-99 LOS avalialbe only in Japan?

    Does anyone know where you can find the SHB-99 LOS except in japan? I would like to get a pair of those, because my SHB-89s are wearing out. If it's not avaliable in Canada, at least in Hong Kong? Because a friend of mine said they were avaliable in taiwan?


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What LOS stands for???

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    What LOS stands for???
    I'm guessing the low version?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,406
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WRX STi
    Does anyone know where you can find the SHB-99 LOS except in japan? I would like to get a pair of those, because my SHB-89s are wearing out. If it's not avaliable in Canada, at least in Hong Kong? Because a friend of mine said they were avaliable in taiwan?
    I think it is partly true that the LO's are available only in Japan. This post in this thread explains that the regular SHB-99 in Japan is a mid-cut version so they came out with the "Lo" which was cut the same as the 99 was in every other country. At the same time, the LE was released in the countries outside of Japan and it had the same ugly red-and-silver colour scheme as the LO in Japan. So with the new releases, the Japanese consumers got an ugly version of the 99 with a lower cut with more freedom of movement and the non-Japanese consumers just got an uglier version of the same old 99's they'd had access to all along.

    This thread has more relevant discussion and the links in this post can show you why the Japanese needed a low version.

    Now, if you're looking for something actually called the 99 LO, then you'll likely have to get it in Japan, but if you want a shoe which is identical in design and colour scheme to the 99LO, but is simply called the 99LE, then you should be able to get it anywhere. If you're just looking for a functional shoe to replace your 98s and don't care about the colour scheme but specified the 99LO just because that happened to the only 99 you had come across, then you can try the regular SHB 99 MX, which is probably easier to find and may be cheaper and is identical to the 99 LO and LE except in colour scheme. Either way, I recommend that you try the new shoes on because many people have found that the 99s fit differently from the 98s.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by event
    I think it is partly true that the LO's are available only in Japan. This post in this thread explains that the regular SHB-99 in Japan is a mid-cut version so they came out with the "Lo" which was cut the same as the 99 was in every other country. At the same time, the LE was released in the countries outside of Japan and it had the same ugly red-and-silver colour scheme as the LO in Japan. So with the new releases, the Japanese consumers got an ugly version of the 99 with a lower cut with more freedom of movement and the non-Japanese consumers just got an uglier version of the same old 99's they'd had access to all along.

    This thread has more relevant discussion and the links in this post can show you why the Japanese needed a low version.

    Now, if you're looking for something actually called the 99 LO, then you'll likely have to get it in Japan, but if you want a shoe which is identical in design and colour scheme to the 99LO, but is simply called the 99LE, then you should be able to get it anywhere. If you're just looking for a functional shoe to replace your 98s and don't care about the colour scheme but specified the 99LO just because that happened to the only 99 you had come across, then you can try the regular SHB 99 MX, which is probably easier to find and may be cheaper and is identical to the 99 LO and LE except in colour scheme. Either way, I recommend that you try the new shoes on because many people have found that the 99s fit differently from the 98s.
    What I mean by the SHB-99 LO is the blue version. I can't seem to get a picture here though..?New here sry =[

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WRX STi
    What I mean by the SHB-99 LO is the blue version. I can't seem to get a picture here though..?New here sry =[
    Hmm...sry it seems like I posted this in the market forum =[ Sry can admin change this to the badminton clothing section? Thanks XD

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,406
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WRX STi
    What I mean by the SHB-99 LO is the blue version. I can't seem to get a picture here though..?New here sry =[
    Well, take a look at the two threads about the 99LE that I linked to above. The blue and white one is the same as the red and silver one (and the red and white one, outside of Japan). The blue and white one came out later. I'm sure there is talk on one of those threads about where they are available.

Similar Threads

  1. In Japan...
    By nSmash in forum General Forum
    Replies: 11
    : 02-09-2008, 02:24 AM
  2. to japan
    By egg_tart in forum Japan / Korea
    Replies: 1
    : 11-23-2006, 06:17 PM
  3. Japan Open: Mew Choo out of Japan Open
    By ants in forum Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004
    Replies: 1
    : 04-07-2004, 12:25 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    : 02-18-2004, 03:49 AM
  5. Where to buy in Japan?
    By Tammy in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 5
    : 03-05-2003, 04:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •