SHB-99 LOS avalialbe only in Japan?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by WRX STi, Jan 28, 2006.

1. WRX STi

WRX STi Regular Member

Does anyone know where you can find the SHB-99 LOS except in japan? I would like to get a pair of those, because my SHB-89s are wearing out. If it's not avaliable in Canada, at least in Hong Kong? Because a friend of mine said they were avaliable in taiwan?

[​IMG]

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    What LOS stands for??? :confused:

3. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I'm guessing the low version?

4. event

event Regular Member

I think it is partly true that the LO's are available only in Japan. This post in this thread explains that the regular SHB-99 in Japan is a mid-cut version so they came out with the "Lo" which was cut the same as the 99 was in every other country. At the same time, the LE was released in the countries outside of Japan and it had the same ugly red-and-silver colour scheme as the LO in Japan. So with the new releases, the Japanese consumers got an ugly version of the 99 with a lower cut with more freedom of movement and the non-Japanese consumers just got an uglier version of the same old 99's they'd had access to all along.

This thread has more relevant discussion and the links in this post can show you why the Japanese needed a low version.

Now, if you're looking for something actually called the 99 LO, then you'll likely have to get it in Japan, but if you want a shoe which is identical in design and colour scheme to the 99LO, but is simply called the 99LE, then you should be able to get it anywhere. If you're just looking for a functional shoe to replace your 98s and don't care about the colour scheme but specified the 99LO just because that happened to the only 99 you had come across, then you can try the regular SHB 99 MX, which is probably easier to find and may be cheaper and is identical to the 99 LO and LE except in colour scheme. Either way, I recommend that you try the new shoes on because many people have found that the 99s fit differently from the 98s.

5. WRX STi

WRX STi Regular Member

What I mean by the SHB-99 LO is the blue version. I can't seem to get a picture here though..?New here sry =[

6. WRX STi

WRX STi Regular Member

Hmm...sry it seems like I posted this in the market forum =[ Sry can admin change this to the badminton clothing section? Thanks XD

7. event

event Regular Member

Well, take a look at the two threads about the 99LE that I linked to above. The blue and white one is the same as the red and silver one (and the red and white one, outside of Japan). The blue and white one came out later. I'm sure there is talk on one of those threads about where they are available.