racket length

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by zz, Jun 2, 2000.

1. zz

zz Guest

<html>I have been using the longer racket for some time now and is really use to it. But the other day I broke my string and have to use a friend's racket (standard length). I find that i can play better at the net with shorter rackets and better smashes with longer racket. Is that normal???
    </html>

2. paul

paul Regular Member

manager of sporting goods company
    <html>: I have been using the longer racket for some time now and is really use to it. But the other day I broke my string and have to use a friend's racket (standard length). I find that i can play better at the net with shorter rackets and better smashes with longer racket. Is that normal???<p>Yes I agree with you. The long rackets seem to be slower for reaction shots i.e net kills, defense e.t.c. I used long rackets for the last two seasons but have recently got a cab-21 again and overall its much better than Ti-10 or the 900. The extra length can give a bit more power in the smash but I don't think it's worth it. Also the cab 21's superb balance and slim shaft means it can really kick out a powerful smash. Just think the cab 21 must be 12-13 years old and it still rules ! <br>
    </html>

3. MCL

MCL Guest

<html>: : I have been using the longer racket for some time now and is really use to it. But the other day I broke my string and have to use a friend's racket (standard length). I find that i can play better at the net with shorter rackets and better smashes with longer racket. Is that normal???<p>: Yes I agree with you. The long rackets seem to be slower for reaction shots i.e net kills, defense e.t.c. I used long rackets for the last two seasons but have recently got a cab-21 again and overall its much better than Ti-10 or the 900. The extra length can give a bit more power in the smash but I don't think it's worth it. Also the cab 21's superb balance and slim shaft means it can really kick out a powerful smash. Just think the cab 21 must be 12-13 years old and it still rules ! <p>FYI, I noticed on the Yonex Japan website (www.yonex.co.jp), there is a Ti-10R model with the "normal" lenghth.
    </html>