Yonex NS8000 vs Ti-7 Light

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Taffalito, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Taffalito

Taffalito Regular Member

For now, I play with my 8 year old Isometric 100, taking up badminton after a couple of years hiatus. Since I'm really enjoying to play, it seems kind of motivated to reward myself with a new racket - new gears and stuff is always fun!

However, I can't really decide which racket to buy, although one thing is sure - I want to get a head light one. After reading a lot of reviews here, the two rackets I have to choose from is Yonex NS8000 and Ti-7 Light. The former has the advantage of being a new model available here in Europe, it's downside is the pricetag, which is about USD 180. The second model is available from Hong Kong web shops for half the price of the NS 8000, you might say I get two of them for the price of one of the former. And I indeed make use of two rackets.
    Furthermore, I am a little bit reluctant to the extra stiff specifications of the NS 8000, since I have always played with flexible or medium stiff frames.

What are your suggestions?

2. kaizen

kaizen Regular Member

Student
    I think you have said your own prefered racket. You would rather pay USD180 and get two rackets. You don't like the extra stiff shaft of the NS8K. It points out that you are in favour of the Ti-7. You already know what is your choice, so you didn't have to ask others. Sorry, Imean no offence.

But now, since you have asked for suggestions, I would say that for me, I would take the NS8K. Now, you gotta know that differently people have different responses to a specific racket. You gotta see which one you like and goes with your style of play. I would suggest that you try out the rackets you named. This is of course if you can get one.

I've never played with the Ti-7, but yes, I own a NS8K. This racket is hard to get used to, but if you do, you'll discover the wonders of the racket. It provides good power for smashes, if used correctly. And since it is head-light, it does not lack in defence either. It is good for both singles and doubles. But be careful when playing doubles. One clash will send all your USD 180 out the window. The NS8K is quite fragile from what I know of others' experience.

Reminder: test the racket out, if possible. If you are a competitive player, go for the NS8K. If you are a leisure player, go for the Ti-7. But, but, but, but...Whatever reviews you may get, don't ignore your own likes and preference.
    (Note to other BC members: the last statement was not meant to offensive to anyone on BC. It was just to ensure that he doesn't forget his own taste. Hope you all don't misunderstand me.)

3. other

other Regular Member

Student
    the ti-7 light is not a great racquet in my opinion. it also feels quite stiff and is 665mm long. i have played with both the mp66 and ti-7 light and i much prefer the mp66 in all aspects. also some of the carlton racquets are headlight, for example the as-ti (well with 1 layer of overgrip).