Cab-10 Tour alternative?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ukwomble, Feb 1, 2006.

1. ukwomble

ukwomble New Member

Hello all,

I've been using a Carbonex 10 Tour for several years now, and I'm very happy with it. Very manouverable and good control. BG-65 string.

My "backup" (ex primary) is a Ti-5 - one of the original ones - which I now despise. It has more power, but I find it extremely lacking in feel and precision, especially when defending. Like playing with a wooden pole. When the strings break on my cab10 I am really in trouble :)

Prior to this I had a Ti-6 Long (until someone whacked it), but thats so long ago and my play has changed so much since then that I can't really comment on it.

I'm looking for some recommendations on a backup / second racquet. I have recently tried a victor Thunder 1114 (didn't like the feel of this) and a Yonex 97VF (too flexible, and I lacked power with it).
    • I'm a borderline B/C level player, depending on the weather :rolleyes:
    • I am not a power player, and almost exclusively play doubles.
    • I want something with similar control to the cab-10T, but wouldn't mind trying something a *little* more power oriented. Key is not to sacrifice manouverability significantly.
    • I suspect I should stay with an oval head shape rather than switching back and forwards (maybe this is one reason I didn't get on with the 97VF?).
    Comments much appreciated, especially from other Cab 10 T fans.

Thanks.

2. ukwomble

ukwomble New Member

Bump: no current/former cab-10 tour users ...?

3. SPaterson

SPaterson Regular Member

Student, Programmer
    *shrugs*, No idea personally of what a Cab-10 Tour is like, but there is a current Cab-10 Muscle/MS out as a current racquet in Yonex's lineup, at least in the UK it is anyway.

e.g. http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/...490_Yonex+Carbonex+10+Muscle+Power+=283893=29

Head light balance, 2U weight, stiff shaft etc.

- If you're looking for a racquet with More power, as you say, you might just want to try another string, reading the tension and string threads on this forum (if you do a search) might be of interest to you.

Other than that, in terms of racquets, if you want to keep the head-light balance If that's what the Cab-10 Tour also Is, then there's the rather expensive Nano speed series from Yonex, or their Carbonex 30 MS I believe is head-light, and classic head shape.

I'm guessing the old Cab 10 was 2U aswell? so a 3U even balance racquet may provide more power, without sacrifising the manouverability because it's lighter. (the Cab 30 MS is 3U, in most places, I think there's a 2U version of it available, read the review section on this racquet if you wish.)

Since I don't actually know anything about that specific racquet, the Cab 10 Tour, I can't really comment much other than what I've already said.