CVHS's badminton team

Discussion in 'USA West' started by samtruong200, Feb 1, 2006.

1. samtruong200

samtruong200 Regular Member

Hey pplz,

Today at CVHS we had our badminton meeting for the first time. It was all good except for one thing....the coach doesnt even know how to play :mad: . he even admitted it. He wants us to do weight lifting which doesnt really help our game that much unless you do the right muscles which i highly doubt. and that's after we run laps....at 6am :crying:... and yea just thought i would let other ppl that goes to schools in the HAAL that CVHS probably wont do so good this year. :(

2. bryant

bryant Regular Member

student
    At fremont high school we have the same situation. Our coach doesnt even know the rules of the game.

3. Memina

Memina Regular Member

Dear Samtruong200,

The fact that CVHS is going to have a badminton season is pretty good. It is very hard to find a coach for that matter. Any physical training is good for playing, especially running. Knowing how to play does not signify that one can coach. Please give some credit and room for doubt that your coach will do right by you.

4. K3vin

K3vin Regular Member

eh our coach is the same way......so most of our team is self taught:(

5. Vtec101

Vtec101 Regular Member

Printing
    Wow, it's unfortunate that your coach don't know how to play. But look at it this way, you have a coach which allows you to play in league, there are a few schools here in S.Cali that can't have a team cause they can't find any coach. Maybe you can find some drills yourself to do with your team. Look for badminton drills dvd's.

6. MonarchPryde

MonarchPryde Regular Member

Student In High School
    Hey Sam,
    Im from Mount Eden, and i heard from my coach that your coach is a Baseball coach. my coach said he is a good baseball coach but may not know much about bddminton. I was hopeing for some competitivness from your school cuz everyone in our league is out to get us lol ;) . Anyways well you can privite message me and maybe we can meet up sometime and ill help u on your game. i rather have a comepetitive game then a straight up beating lol. Just message me Sam

7. samtruong200

ya the coach is a baseball coach =/ im hoping that he doesnt try to coach us and just be there so we can be in the league. hope he lets us coach each other

8. samtruong200

whoooo we now have a assistant coach that actually knos how to play :D. on sat i was talkin to him at a place we play at and hes lik: if i was your coach, i would run you lik there's no tomorrow. and he also told me that like last year, he made ppl do shuttle runs 6 times and footwork for 2 WHOLE HOURS:eek:

9. aznphi1osopher

aznphi1osopher Regular Member

eh, who is this person?

10. samtruong200

hey allen

its a dude named hugo and have u gotten the scrimmage thing figured out?

11. LeoTheBearMan

LeoTheBearMan Regular Member

Student
    2 coaches at my school.

we have one thats on the school staff and a "real" coach.

the school staff coach basically makes sure everyone is good with the administration in regards to grades and behavior. our "real" coach teaches us strokes, does drills, etc.

but coaching is usually done by those who do know how to play. ;)

12. samtruong200

does HAAL HAVE to use plastic birdie??? Today we actually got to play and I was playing with plastic birdie becuz there was a box of plastic birdie and I didnt want to get my feather ones and I SUCKED. And my friend also told me that the league is played with plastic :crying: . Man if this is true, its gonna suck. I'm wayy to used to feather. Plastic just has no feel and the feel it does has is weight :crying:

13. LeoTheBearMan

LeoTheBearMan Regular Member

Student
    I believe all school oriented leagues play with plastic since they really cant afford feather shuttles. I know for sure that NCS plays with plastic.

The sponsor last year had been HL but now i believe NCS is sponsored by YONEX.

14. samtruong200

if its sponsered by yonex, could there be hope of feather?!?! or just plastic yonex birdies

15. MonarchPryde

Student In High School
    In NCS league, We are gonna be using the Yonex Mavis 350 Plastic birdies. They are not gonna let you use feather. Unless... both teams maybe want ot use feather... But i tell you now thats a very slim chance because i know that the HAAL league is using only those Mavis 350 Yonex plastic birdies. sorry dude No to feather! lol

16. samtruong200

awwwwww i honestly hate plastic they feel so heavy and have no sound and feel compared to feather

17. laflor

laflor New Member

wow. i just found this by accident, but CVHS BADMINTON TEAM! =) yes. it is sad that we have a coach who doesn't do much. but our student coaches are GREAT! i'm so happy that we have three-five every day. they are helpful (even if they make lotsa ppl cry). i like it a lot. we better kick some butt, AND give mt. eden a run for their money

18. MonarchPryde

Student In High School
    haha thats great that your guys are training hard cuz we are getting tired of kicking your butts! but right now im not even worry about league cuz its pissing the crap out of me that im screwd over because you know how we can only send 2 seeded teams from each catagory (MD,WD etc...) to HAAL. Well im gonna get screwed because im that 3rd seed and i can kick all other 1 seeded teams from other schools in our league. That just makes our league look weak and that i think its unfair because we are better and still dont get to go to NCS while you guys just are Ok and get to go! we should put some affect in that we send the best not just the average! :mad:

19. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    if you don't have 8 schools to fill the 16 team brackets, you might receive an at large entry from all of the coaches.

instead of whining about the unfairness of life, spend your energy busting your butt to beat the #2 team ahead of you. do that and your haal entry will feel much more satisfying.

you see the obsatcles in front of you. it's up to you to overcome them.

#19 samkool, Mar 13, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  20. MonarchPryde

Student In High School
    i had a feeling someone was gonna say that... thats what my coach said just work harder.. but there is a reason why as well he thinks i cant work with a certain partner because we wouldnt go far in NCS so he splits us up wiht other players which are "killers" as he calls them like getting the point while we set them up for it. what im trying to say is that the both "Setter uppers" im talking about kick the crap out of the "killers" and the setter still gets screwed over! its VERY comlicated but watever lol worth a shot