Want to improve the badminton skills?

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by flyingbird007, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingbird007

flyingbird007 New Member

The best and the fastest way to improve the badminton skills is to take a private or group lessons trainned by the professional coach.

I would recommend you to go to Dariel at "Clear One" or take a lesson from Ming who is a formal world Olympic champion, but beware of the VRC "Head-Coach" Calvin who just pretend to be good, but in fact his coaching sucks! Oooch!:mad:

Calvin who never does much of the teaching, and the kids that went through his program never actually get anything out of him or minimum. If you take a lesson with Calvin, you just waste your time and your money.

Honestly, Calvin techniques is very old fashioned, outdated, and very very low compared to the asian or european standard. If Calvin is so great, why he haven't trainned any canadian players going to the Olympic Games for single or even passing the 2nd round in the Olympic Games.

Anyway, you guys, good luck with your badminton!

#1 flyingbird007, Feb 3, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  2. jeepu

jeepu Regular Member

Web Guy
    Thanks for the tips, Flyingbird :)

Just a note, the chief coach of Clearone is called "Darryl"...although it sounds similar to Dariel too :p. He's a really patient and gental person, never over charge you for the coaching service, and he truely teaches you the techniques appropriately. I didn't have any direct private coaching from him, although I had like 3 intermediate and 2 advanced classes taught by Darryl and David and other few coaches. One of my badminton buddies actually got Darryl's training from group lessons, and he's now a really hardcore player. It's totally worth a check to their coaching services.

FYI, Clearone's website is http://www.clearonebadminton.com

3. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

Are you taking about Calvin Holoboff? There is a player trained by him, Alvin Lau and he is number one in BC at the moment for single. He recently became a national champion in the CCAA for mixed doubles. So, I think Calvin is not that bad.

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    You have to understand that Alvin also takes lessons from Darryl.

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    LOL - getting caught up in the marketing hype, eh? Little badrad was the other half of that winning mixed doubles team, and she has been friends with Alvin nearly a decade. The Calvin connection is purely politics, and the claims as result of association rather than skills. Darryl is the real deal.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Congrats to lil badrad!!! :)

7. bigboffer

bigboffer New Member

badminton player
    who coached daryl?

why all this hating? this is crazy. ask daryl who went to the olympics with him as a coach and who worked with him as a junior. man you guys are [....].

#7 bigboffer, Dec 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Ah, digging out old dirt now. And tell us who you really are :p:D.

9. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, I'm curious too.:)

10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Um, are we improving badminton skills here? :p

11. bigboffer

bigboffer New Member

badminton player
    im kyle holoboff if thats what you wanted to know. who are you guys? i would like to know that.

12. PrinceOfBMT

PrinceOfBMT Regular Member

Umpire
    These guys r ppl who THINKS they knows the scene, and they continuing spreading rumors one club at a time or person at a time. Constantly criticizing players who plays in the circuit and criticize coaches that they dun even known personally or trained with.

These moderators are also people who delete my post just because i said "Ok....Old thread,can we please close this". Just because they want a lil entertainment thinking kyle is gonna get mad flaming this place to defend his dad.

I know i will defend, calvin isn't my coach, but he was one of the foundation that begun many current top athlete's badminton lives in the beginning in Badminton BC. i respect ppl who have given up so much for the game. I don't care about what athletes he develop or whatever, but i do know he helped started many things.

So please for some of [...] to start a post in first place criticizing him, why don't you guys take down his students first before you talk. Or better yet try taking down his son,i doubt you guys can.

#12 PrinceOfBMT, Dec 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Closed

The posts here do not seem to be helping anyone "improve badminton skills", which was the purpose of this thread.

Closed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.