Do I need new shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by SPaterson, Feb 4, 2006.

1. SPaterson

SPaterson Regular Member

Student, Programmer
    Hello all!

Once again, I'm asking for your advice.

I've been having a problem as of late with my right foot, I've now taken a 2 week break from badminton so it can heal (as well as I need a break for Many other reasons). I have been repeatedly getting a large blister/bad skin around the area preceding my big toe on my right foot where the bone is.

I can't figure out if it is the shoes I've been using the past month, or just a change in my technique. I don't really lunge forward often scrubbing that part of my foot against the floor, but it does probably have the most contact on the floor on a smash, particularly slamming my foot down a little too much almost subconsciously.

Should I just try to work on my smash so that my feet are flat on the floor? because at the moment i use hip and body movement to swing a bit and get more power which involved moving that foot a bit forward, I forget to do it gently in fast rallies

I do however only have relatively cheap badminton shoes, but they are badminton shoes and they work. - Hi-tec Elites http://www.sportdiscount.com/sport_..._footwear.asp?pids=330&item=HI-TEC ELITE MENS

Should I research smashing techniques more? I'm thinking it's more my fault, rather than the shoes

Cheers for any advice.
    S-G Paterson.

2. lex1437

lex1437 Regular Member

hi-5!

I have the exact blister , but i've gotten use to it . that part of the skin is so hard now , i get painless blisters that only consist of rough skins. ahahha

i think it's the technique , we put too much pressure on the right leg whenever we push for balls.