Any Canadians order from Ebay?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by hemants, Feb 5, 2006.

1. hemants

hemants Regular Member

1. whom did you use? I believe from the archives there are two preferred sellers (Tum and one other)?
    2. did you pay brokerage/duty/taxes?
    3. how much was shipping? how was it shipped?

Please share your experience/recommendations!

2. .Sol.

.Sol. New Member

1. My friend and I ordered our rackets from sumai03. He's probably the other seller you're referring to.

2. We asked beforehand whether he could mark the package as a gift and he did. There were no extra fees.

3. The shipping was $20. As for how it was shipped, are you asking what kind of packaging it was sent in or what kind of delivery option was used to ship it? If that's the case, it was express shipping.

3. doris160260

doris160260 Regular Member

i bought mine from sumai03 too.Great to deal with. No taxes or duties. Cost me $20 for shipping came in a cardboard box that was wrapped in bubble wrap and filled with newspaper to protect it. Would highly reccomend this seller. He sells good products at reasonable prices and shipping is not that long. Took about 7 days to get to me.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not sure about this particular ebay seller. Many ppl do NOT want to mark a package with lower value or as a gift due to insurance concern. Imagine a $150 racket is marked as $20 to "save" buyer from the duty, but once it's broke during shipping, the carrier will at most pay up to $20, and the seller had to swallow most of the lost. :cool:

5. siaoxing

siaoxing Regular Member

hihi, how roughly does your pay for the racquet your purchase from eBay?
    Would like to start a small business myself.. by selling authentic racquet from Singapore to canada and us.. could your give me some feedback? ;)