eagnas 722e good?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by yoyomonkey, Feb 5, 2006.

1. yoyomonkey

yoyomonkey Regular Member

I'm a new stringer, i live in a city where there is only one stringer available and it costs like $20USD for a racket with really bad string. I break my string very often since i went to him like 5 times already i figure i should get a machine

I'm thinking of getting the eagnas flex 722e which cost like $350. Since i know nothing about stringing, anyone in here have any suggestions. thank you

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Depends the usual tension range u work on, and how often you string. If you string less than 25lb, and do no more than 1-2 rackets per day, a well made drop weight machine (i.e. Klippermate M140) can get the job done, and cost much cheaper (US$170 around, including shipping). :rolleyes:

3. yoyomonkey

yoyomonkey Regular Member

about the drop weigh machine. Do i have to tie the string to the weigh at each loop or there is something on the arm that grip the string for and pull down. I think there is one on ebay for 160 shipped.

4. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

buy those with a string gripper

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The machines from reputable manufactures all have types of string gripper. I've never seen a machine that u need to loop the string on the arm by urself. :p

If you want a cheaper but good machine, I suggest buy a brand new one from reputable manufactures. If u string tension range is no more than 25lb, then, 2 point support is good enough. Usually, this type of drop weight machine is under $200.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe 99.9999% of the modern mahcines have the gripper. :D

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You can actually string a racquet without a stringing machine. For some strange reasons, one of my playing mates strings his own Cab 20 racquets by hand. It costs him nothing, as he gets the leftover strings from me. He loves the leftover BG85, BG66, and Ashway Microlegend strings I give him. :D