Which Nanospeed is best for Allround play?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gauss, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Gauss

Gauss Regular Member

Which one of the following Yonex' is best for ALLROUND play?

Nanospeed 7000 ?
    " 8000 ?
    " 9000 X ?
    " 9000 S ?

I'm about to buy a new one, and would like to know which to purchase. Thanks for your advices.

2. Gauss

Gauss Regular Member

another question:

Is head-heavy better for offensive play, and head-light better for defensive play?

3. Hullabaloo

Hullabaloo Regular Member

Are you able to try them out before buying them? Maybe people at the place you play have some of them you could try?

Say you tried them all and found that the 7000 felt the best for you. Eg it enabled you to smash really hard fast and accurate, made your drops tight, was easy to clear with, defending smashes was very easy, and finally was effortless to play with. Say all the other rackets were so bad for you that you couldn't even clear half court, smashes were more like drops, and the rackets hurt your arm. If people on this forum told you the 9000X was the best allround racket, yet you found that you could not play badminton at all with it, would you still buy it?

4. Gauss

Gauss Regular Member

Hi and thanks for your reply.
    Unfortunately, I don't have the possibility to test one of the above before buying :(

5. Mikie

Mikie Regular Member

banker
    I tried 7000 and 8000 and both were ok. No great difference for me.
    As both are head-light you'll find them usefull for attack and for defence provided your technique allows you to generate power when using a head-light raquet.

6. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

If you really can't test before you buy, then don't get a Nanospeed. Get a MusclePower 99, which is consistently recommended on these forums as a "can't go wrong, balanced in all areas" racket.

The newer rackets -- especially Nanos -- have not been around long enough to obtain this status. They are still too new, and you are in danger of getting advice from some gushing 15 year-old who just buys the latest racket regardless (I know people like this).

The Mp99 has been around much longer, and is an established classic. It's a much safer choice.

By the way, I don't use an Mp99. I use an At800-DE -- also an excellent all-round racket. If you think an Mp99 is too old, then you could try this instead.

But avoid the Nanos, because you cannot be sure whether the person recommending them is a Yonex fanboy. No self-respecting Yonex fanboy would recommend the Mp99 (it's too old to be cool).

So here's why you can trust my recommendation:

• Older racket = minimal chance of fanboy-ism
    • I'm recommending a racket I don't actually play with (so less biased). I have played with it before, however (so know what it's like).

#6 Gollum, Feb 6, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  7. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    ns8000.........

8. theasiandude88

theasiandude88 Regular Member

student YAY!!!
    if you dont know which racquets to buy, either get a muscle power 99 or armortec 800 def. you cannot go wrong with either.

9. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I agree too with the MP99 assessment. It's a terrific all round racquet that you can't go wrong with.

I have yet to try the armortec 800 def, but my wallet is very thin now that i own 2 MP 99s (since june 2005).

Buying racquets can get pricey...but if you really like the racquet you eventually purchase I'd suggest buying at least one more, b/c one day it may be discontinued.

10. jerby

jerby Regular Member

why would it have to be a nanospeed?

11. birdie kim

birdie kim Regular Member

because nanospeed has the latest technology.

12. Jan_BE

Jan_BE Regular Member

IT Support Desk

Why would it have to be Yonex?

13. jerby

jerby Regular Member

so that makes it automatically better?

14. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst

MP99 is old!!?!?!?!!? I think it's always new to me! :p:p:p:p

15. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Spending the same amount of money on an old model will make you less satisfied than a new model. :D

16. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    It doesnt matter if its old or new. There are no "spare parts" for our rackets aside from strings and grommets so we dont have to worry about getting a "legacy" model.

As to a "cant go wrong" Yonex racket, I suggest the AT800DE and the ISO Ti SS.

17. theasiandude88

theasiandude88 Regular Member

student YAY!!!
    technology doesnt mean everything. the ti-10 is a really old racquet, but a lot of people still use it and it is still one of yonex's most durable racquet.

18. sac_man

sac_man Regular Member

Engineer
    After reading the response from BC friends !. it is very clear to me when it comes to rackets of choice for any players, it's really subjective, therefore, I will not recommend any specific racket to you, however I will tell about the rackets I play with ( I play doubles only )

Yonex MP 99- didn't really like the head too light, I can't control my shots.
    Ti-10 - I really like it, I play really well with it ( I bought extra one for spare)
    Nano speed 7000- I love it , for smashing,and defense.

good luck !

#18 sac_man, Feb 6, 2006
  19. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

unless you've tried it, don't buy a nano... most people i know who've tried it either really liked it, or really hated it.

there isn't really a "middle" ground from what i've seen.

however, like what some have already said, the mp99, at800de, at500, are good all around choices.

#19 chickenpoodle, Feb 6, 2006
  20. neo_Rabbit

neo_Rabbit Regular Member

i agree with the mp99 comments as well, it's not fantastic in any particular areas, but it's pretty forgiving and gives decent power. One question tho, what racket were you using before and did you like it?

Other safe "battle proven" rackets would be Ti-10, AT700, AT800OF. Quite a lot of state and national players are using (or used) those. I know quite a lot of state players who have stuck with the AT800OF and Ti-10s even when all the new nanos came out cos it's such a secure racket.

Personally I have a ns8000 and have tried the ns7000. can't say much about the 7000 cos iv only played with it for a game, but the ns8000 does give quite a decent amount of power, and is quick enough for defence.