User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 71

Thread: Shame on IBF

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Shame on IBF

    The new scoring system should be used in the short time.
    Because I have never red a whole system, I have looked for it in IBF website.
    On the left side of the first page, there is a clickable image "New Rally Points SYstem". I clicked on it and it took me to another page where 4 options can be choosed.

    New Rally Points System
    1. Rally_Point_Scoring_System
    2. Rally_point_one_serve_in_doubles
    3. Rally Point Scoring Score
    4. 2006 - Rally Point Scoring Score Sheet,

    The last 3 options are the right one.
    But the first one is the old system : "The best of 5, 11 points".
    How come ????? Mr. Gunalan ?????

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jkusmanto
    The new scoring system should be used in the short time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkusmanto

    Because I have never red a whole system, I have looked for it in IBF website.

    On the left side of the first page, there is a clickable image "New Rally Points SYstem". I clicked on it and it took me to another page where 4 options can be choosed.



    New Rally Points System

    1. Rally_Point_Scoring_System

    2. Rally_point_one_serve_in_doubles

    3. Rally Point Scoring Score

    4. 2006 - Rally Point Scoring Score Sheet,



    The last 3 options are the right one.

    But the first one is the old system : "The best of 5, 11 points".

    How come ????? Mr. Gunalan ?????




    Not only that, but these laws have clearly been written by somebody with a poor grasp of English. A couple of examples:



    "11.1.4 The player of the receiving side standing in diagonally opposite service court of the server shall be the receiver."



    This is just clumsy, poor English.



    “11.3.1 After the service is returned, the shuttle may be hit alternately by either player of the serving side and either player of the receiving side until the shuttle ceases to be in play (Law 15).”



    This means that a doubles game has to be played like table tennis with each member of a pair talking alternate shots.



    This all just illustrates how badly implemented this scheme is, and demonstrates the IBF’s lack of intelligent thinking.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IBF is a joke!

    And this is only the "emerged" part of the iceberg...

    Badminton is a great sport, we just have a really crap corrupted incompetent governing body...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    “11.3.1 After the service is returned, the shuttle may be hit alternately by either player of the serving side and either player of the receiving side until the shuttle ceases to be in play (Law 15).”

    This means that a doubles game has to be played like table tennis with each member of a pair talking alternate shots.
    uhhhhhh whaaaaaaa? this is dumb.

    but wait! i got it.
    law 11.3.1 (1) will read "players will have to trade racquets too, between shots, during the rally, until the shuttle ceases to be in play!!!!"

    this is getting worse.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001



    Not only that, but these laws have clearly been written by somebody with a poor grasp of English. A couple of examples:



    "11.1.4 The player of the receiving side standing in diagonally opposite service court of the server shall be the receiver."



    This is just clumsy, poor English.

    Could have been better stated, but otherwise I see nothing wrong with that statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    “11.3.1 After the service is returned, the shuttle may be hit alternately by either player of the serving side and either player of the receiving side until the shuttle ceases to be in play (Law 15).”



    This means that a doubles game has to be played like table tennis with each member of a pair talking alternate shots.



    This all just illustrates how badly implemented this scheme is, and demonstrates the IBF’s lack of intelligent thinking.
    ... hit alternately by [A] and [B] until the shuttle ceases to be in play.

    where A is either player of the serving side
    and B is either player of the receiving side

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seven
    IBF is a joke!

    And this is only the "emerged" part of the iceberg...

    Badminton is a great sport, we just have a really crap corrupted incompetent governing body...
    IBF could be more competent, but corrupted? This is the first time I hear of corruption in IBF.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    IBF could be more competent, but corrupted? This is the first time I hear of corruption in IBF.
    I've heard many bad things about IBF, which I would prefer not hearing, or rather not existing!
    Including the way the votes are held...

    I am rather pessimistic on chances of things getting better, and on chances of badminton having a real serious and competent governing body...

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    Could have been better stated, but otherwise I see nothing wrong with that statement.
    Well try this clearer and grammatically better version then:

    "11.1.4 The player of the receiving side standing in the service court diagonally opposite to the server shall be the receiver."


    As for the other law (11.3.1), what is wrong with the esisting version? It is clear, grammatical and unambiguous:


    "11.3.1 After the service is returned, the shuttle may be hit by either player of the serving side and then by either player of the receiving side, and so on, until the shuttle ceases to be in play."

    Last edited by CWB001; 02-08-2006 at 04:12 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    KL & Sg
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    Well try this clearer and grammatically better version then:

    "11.1.4 The player of the receiving side standing in the service court diagonally opposite to the server shall be the receiver."


    As for the other law (11.3.1), what is wrong with the esisting version? It is clear, grammatical and unambiguous:


    "11.3.1 After the service is returned, the shuttle may be hit by either player of the serving side and then by either player of the receiving side, and so on, until the shuttle ceases to be in play."

    Yes, you stated them more clearly. Like I said, it could have been more clearly stated, but otherwise they are still legitimate.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default -

    Quote Originally Posted by seven
    I've heard many bad things about IBF, which I would prefer not hearing, or rather not existing!
    Including the way the votes are held...

    I am rather pessimistic on chances of things getting better, and on chances of badminton having a real serious and competent governing body...

    Well just in a democracy we let people run for office,if they fail vote them out.

    Labour paarty vs conservative, democrats vs ?? whatever parties exist in France etc.

    But not torching people's embassies or sending in troops.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    Like I said, it could have been more clearly stated, but otherwise they are still legitimate.
    I don't agree. It is vital that the laws of any sport are well phrased and grammatically correct to eliminate any possible doubt about their meaning.

    The final draft should always be written by somebody who is completely fluent in English (and highly capable of writing unambiguously in it) - preferably someone whose first language is English.

    I suspect that the IBF website document has been thrown together by a lower quality writer, probably using English as a second language.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn
    But not torching people's embassies or sending in troops.
    How is this related to badminton? Has the IBF done this too? It is almost as bad as changing to rally point scoring!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn
    Well just in a democracy we let people run for office,if they fail vote them out.

    Labour paarty vs conservative, democrats vs ?? whatever parties exist in France etc.

    But not torching people's embassies or sending in troops.
    Agree about this!
    Politics and parties in France are slightly more complicated than this, but they have ensured a "non-proportional" voting system which ensures that always the same ones stay at the power anyway!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In case it wasn't clear, IBF clearly does not work in a democratic way.
    For it to be democratic, it would already need votes to take place in a democratic way...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In any tribe-and humans are very tribal-the smart ones always rule and the bottom ones always grumble. The smart ones are the minority, but for some strange reasons the majority bottom ones are more inclined to vote for the smart ones to be their leader. Sometimes they kick out a smartie leader, only to vote in another smartie.

  16. #16
    Regular Member cxytdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    China
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's gone on the IBF website.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Somebody must be listening.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Scandalous!!! What a shame!! Kim/Ra got only $7000 prize money!!
    By crazy_smasher in forum All England 2004
    Replies: 2
    : 03-15-2004, 04:31 AM
  2. Shame !
    By willie in forum General Forum
    Replies: 11
    : 10-28-2002, 11:09 AM
  3. Shame On The Line Judges
    By ALI in forum Thomas/Uber Cup 2002
    Replies: 7
    : 05-17-2002, 04:57 AM
  4. What a shame!!!!
    By hm... in forum 2001 Sudirman Cup / World Championships
    Replies: 12
    : 06-01-2001, 07:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •