Disappointment

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Yamoto, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Yamoto

Yamoto Guest

Have any of you guys ever felt disappointed / frustrated / discouraged after a training session before? To me, yesterday seems to be the worst training day possible. I don't know why but it seems like I just don't have it. Everything is going out, no power in stroke, slow foot work. Man, it seems like I have stop improving for the last month, maybe it's an indication for me to quit training.

2. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    I've had that before.

It could be that you've overtrained. This leads to demotivation. If you feel like you have less energy then that's a clear symptom that you've been going to hard.

Or are you doing the wrong kind of training? Expecting results too soon? It takes a short time to imrpove some things but other areas of the game need more work. Perhaps you need to improve the quality of your training and decrease the quantity.

Are you training with the right players? Around the same level as you. Are they able to push and motivate you and feed the shuttle/practice the drills correctly?

Do you have a Coach? If so seek their advice. If not perhaps it maybe an idea to get one.

Perhaps it would be an idea to take a break for a week to reflect, then come back to it. Keep at it though.

UKP

3. Heh..

Heh.. Guest

GO a week without badminton... or take some time to watch tournaments.... sooner or later you'll be itching to get back to training!

4. Phil

Phil Guest

I know I'm gonna be dissapointed in two days if I don't make OFSAA. I really really really want to go. True, I've only been playing about a year, and I'm in grade 10, but still. We should be able to go, since my partner went last year, but you never know. I'm just gonna try my hardest.

Has anyone here already qualified for OFSAA?

Phil

5. Wil

Wil Guest

Nobody should qualify for OFSAA until Monday, cuz Monday is the regional OFSAA at Humber College. If you are the best 6 in singles you make OFSAA i'm not sure if its best 6 in doubles.

6. Phil

Phil Guest

I know LOSSA has already had their championships. I'm in COSSA, and will be playing to qualify for OFSAA tomorrow.

Only the TDSSAA can send 6 teams because there are so many good players there compared to the other districts. Every other district, such as mine, sends only the top two teams.

7. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Hey, do you guyz goto club?....
    If so, which one do you goto?....
    Dun be too dissapointed if you don't make it to OFSSA, cause you can join UN-OFSAA..... :)

8. Phil

Phil Guest

I play in the Belleville Badminton Club. It's mainly a recreational club, only a small portion of the members play competitively in tournaments and such.

Phil

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I too have frustratingly experienced this. One thing not to do is to push oneself too much. Although being angry at oneself looks good and makes you think you can train better, it actually can stop you from relaxing so that your footwork is slower, unable to play shots.

My suggestion is like the others,,either take a little break, perhaps 2 weeks or train something different, like netshots, serves. It takes time to get the right feeling back.

10. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

Yamoto,

Are your problems limited to training or are they present in competition as well. If you perform well in games then you need to introduce that edge into training. Follow UKPlayer's advice. If you are having problems with your competitive game as well as in training then you have problems. Get a coach and ask him to look at basics with you.