Wilson Feather Shuttles, anyone use before?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by A_F, Feb 8, 2006.

1. A_F

A_F Regular Member

Electronics MFG
    Hello,

I see that there are 4 different models, i think some are from last year (ws400 & ws700) and this year (classic & tournament gold).

Has anyone tried these grades? how do they fair compared to other established brands.

AF

2. jayes

jayes Regular Member

Badminton specialty selling strings, grips, shuttl
    I have tried Wilson WS700 and Wilson Tournament Gold. The WS700's flight is not consistent; I can actually see it wobbles :(. Durability-wise, WS700 is a passing grade. Between the two (ie WS700 and Tournament Gold), the tournament Gold is better. Price-wise, there are better shuttles than the Wilson's. Overall, you might want to consider Yang-Yang 300B, Sosan Black, Aeroplane Tournament, Hi-Qua Blue.

Cheers. :)

3. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

I was looking to buy some, espc the newewst one with "smart" tube feature. It has build in humidity controlling agent on the cap, so it should eliminate steaming...I was inquiring to the store, I have to buy at least a dozen tubes if I order in, yet their minimum ordering value is CDN $50...

Gonna opt for victor blue, which I think last longer that sea lion C1101

does anybody from toronto knows if wilson feather is sold at either yo's or brown's? --> kev, if u r reading this, this is where u come in ;) :D :cool:

4. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    not sure if I saw any wilson feathers being sold at browns. They had yonex and victor...and i think it was black knight, but not wilson.

5. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    wilson birds are crap. end of discussion. >=[

6. Jindra2001

Jindra2001 Regular Member

Yes. That's absolutely right.

7. lightsmash

lightsmash Regular Member

Target board
    Yeap, the cock just detached itself from the feathers when I wacked it hard...although it only happened once, but that made me stay away from wilson shuttles.s

8. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

Really? Which Wilson model was this? I use the Tournament (red tube) regularly and find them very durable when properly hydrated. In fact, some wouldn't break. They just get slower and slower because the feathers fluff up, but they wouldn't break.

The old blue tube ones, OTOH, I agree that they're crap. :)

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Wilson shuttle..

..yes, i have tried and tested a Wilson WS400 before. As a matter of fact, I bought a tube in S'pore couple of yrs ago and tested it in the U.S. If i remember, i bought it for around US$13-$14.
    In comparison to Yonex AS 3, 4 & 5, i would rate the Wilson WS400 as quite similar. It is a bit of a challenge to find shuttle, sold in Asia/S.E. Asia with good consistent flight and durability, but initial test/try-out, i would rate the flight as pretty good and the durability is quite satisfactory.
    I don't have any pics of the tube or shuttlecock, but i will take some pics later to share with you guys..:)

#9 ctjcad, May 9, 2006
    Last edited: May 9, 2006