How to train?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by mrSandMan, Feb 11, 2006.

1. mrSandMan

mrSandMan New Member

student
    Hi, im a fairly new player in the world of badminton, and where im located, there arent many players to play with, so i end up just going to my club alone and playing by myself. Now my question is What can i do, what excercise do you recommend that i could do to imrpove my game. I know shadowing is very important, but i just want to vary my excercises, i tend to do alot of the same shadow excercises. And when i do have someone there, what excercises could me and my partner work together?

Thanks for all your input!

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    You might wanna add the city you're from in your profile, perhaps you might be able to find more common-minded folks to play with.
    In addition, since you're also a new member of the forum, I suggest that you search the threads for your answer before you post.

3. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

Fairly new player as in beginner or........?
    If you can afford, get a proper listed coach as they will teach you the proper and latest strokes technique(some strokes technique are consider old fashion and not as effective)

Or search the internet for a good club near your town. You might need to travel to neighbouring town.

If not and both of you are really committed to play badminton, get this Badminton England Technique DVD at only £22.99.

http://www.badmintonengland.co.uk/text.asp?section=0001000100070007#technique

4. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

sorry, repeat posting.

#4 hyun007, Feb 13, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  5. qqsu_azure

qqsu_azure Regular Member

Software Developer
    I think it's better for you to seek a coach. BCers here could tell you do many kinds of excercises. But we're hard to know how you do excercise and what's proper to you. A coach can do all of this.;)
    For two beginners, baseline-baseline clear should be good.