Babolat Satellite series

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dennis, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Dennis

Dennis Regular Member

Plumber
    Hello every1!!!:rolleyes:

Would very much like to find out the balance of the Satellite series...
    (specially the Chrono)
    I do find some info on the babolat-site.. but can't figure out if 300mm is
    head heavy, or head light...

Any kind of info is more than welcome here!:D:D

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If 300mm, that's definitely should be listed as head heavy. ;)

3. SPaterson

SPaterson Regular Member

Student, Programmer
    While I agree with you, static balance point in terms Purely of the distance of the racquet end to the point on the shaft where it balances, is a bit controversial.

Example. I have two Karakals, one the Karakal SLTi-80, the other the SL-80. Completely different racquets, but both are said, by the manufacturer, to have a balance of 29cm to 30cm. The SL-80 feels head heavy to me, even if I put a towel grip on it. The SLTi-80 though, virtually same balance point, but feels extremely well balanced (ie. even balance), even with a towel grip on, it still feels strangely well-balanced.

300mm is considered 'Even' balance, by a lot of stores and manufacturers. I feel, personally that it's more like 28cm or less is head-light, 29cm is a better even-balance, and 30cm is usually head-heavy. I firmly believe balance point Isn't 'useless', but is to be considered very lightly...balance point does Not necessarily determine whether a racquet is head-heavy, head-light, or even balance at all.

If I may quote Gollum twice as I respect his opinion and find it most accurate, it'll save me a lot of time. Two posts for two different topics posted by different people, if you wish to read them, do a search on 'balance point'

Other than that, Babolat seem a good make. Personally, I really want to try out the Booster Lite, even though it's designed for girls/women :eek:, I love head-light racquets which it's 'said' to be, and I can't afford things like Yonex NS7k/NS8ks.

4. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    I have both comet and chrono, by the information from shaft, both rackets' balance point are 305mm. But when you swing them, Comet's head is heavier than Chrono. In my comment, Comet will be head heavy and Chrono will be even balance.

It is not logical with the balance point but really existing, Hong Kong Guys can pm me for testing with same tension and same grip size. :)