hello

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by DivingBirdie, Feb 12, 2006.

1. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    i am from singapore. male. going on 17. waiting for JC posting results

never had proper badminton training in my life. not even now. i just learnt by playing with my uncles and cousins. (among them only a 7 year old cousin has proper training). been playing badminton for 1 year only. i live in the east and i would love to play with some pros

love watching badminton matches, playing badminton.

want to buy a new racket. mp99 or armortec 800?

considering getting a coach but i'm afraid people will laugh at me cause i'm too old.

not a very new nor very old member here

loves badminton central.

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonForum, DivingBirdie. :D

-dave

3. whymiq

whymiq Regular Member

some sort of officer
    Hi there,
    Don't worry, badminton is a game for all ages.. You better start learning now, better had than never...

About a racket suggestion, if you are only about to start playing badminton, I think neither MP99 nor AT800 is suitable for you. Instead, invest the money to get a proper coaching. Those rackets are designed for intermediate or advanced players. For a beginner, I don't think that the advantages of the racket will be fully utilised.

Instead, I recommend that you start with some Yonex isometric series, ISO 75, or ISO 65. Or, try MP23. These rackets are easier to find the sweet spot. You will find that it is easier to use these types of rackets than the advanced ones. Once you have developed a proper technique, only then try to upgrade your rackets.

Thanks my personal opinion, other people might differ.
    Good luck and have fun!

4. Birdiegut

Birdiegut Regular Member

Regional sales
    Hello to u,
    I dont think u are as old as I am. ;) I play this game since I was in Primary school. From then, on n off. Just love this game. I used to play in the east last time pretty often. Nowaday, I stay at the west and I play more often in the west. Welcome to BC forum. Enjoy yr surfing here.:p
    Lee:D