Zenith Sport - Bras Basah, Singapore

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by LouisW, Feb 12, 2006.

1. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Most of us has mentioned about 10-10, Ranking, Safra & etc.

What about Zenith Sport at Bras Basah Complex ? Anyone of you have any deal with this shop ?

What is your comment about this shop ?

TQ;)

2. anarkia

anarkia Regular Member

Sit infront of the colourful box, that change colo
    Went there 2 week ago to look Karakal SL-70, they dun have that model. But a lot of Karakal other model.
    The price is reasonably ok la.

3. surge

surge Regular Member

the service is good and friendly but range is small though. price wise reasonable but not anything great.

4. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

The initial service looked good, the boss and wife will attend to you almost immediately and start to recommend racquets to you. Limited range. Price for some racquet are ok, but not for others. Quite biased in their recommendations though as they favour certain models perhaps because of profit margin being higher. However appear not to be very patient as time passes when you are there...i.e. seemingly giving a "you want to buy or not?" kind of electromagnetic waves. If you go there you have to be focus on which model you want to enquire and dont stay there too long after that otherwise you will incur their wrath. At least 10n10 is friendlier in his expressions when you leave without buying and will ask you to come again. The old couple at Zenith wont do so. Gave me a rather negative shopping experience.

5. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Thanks for the comment.

So far, I found out that 10-10 & Ranking give me good impression.

6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I get the same treatment. Usually I would skip this shop. I only spend 5 mins browsing IF I do go into the shop. If you are keen on any racquets there, please bargain REAL HARD as very often, they start off with some ridiculous asking price.

7. chgoh25

chgoh25 Regular Member

Hi,

May i know where's 10-10 and Ranking?

8. anarkia

anarkia Regular Member

oh yes

Yes i agreed.
    I got the same treatment when i am there with my wife.
    But i don't bother coz i prefer to graze at the rackets alone.
    Anyway they are friendly, but once they got a feelig you're interested in buying. They leave you alone.;)

9. anarkia

anarkia Regular Member

Both at Bras Basah Complex...the one beside our new National Library.

10-10 in level 1
    Ranking level 3

10. chgoh25

chgoh25 Regular Member

ooo.. thanks a lot!!

11. Sintec

Sintec Regular Member

This thread shouldn't be a comparing thread of shops, you know, they all wants to do business? So do you think they do not want to care about what you are lokking for in their shop?

12. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Basically, I do agree with your point that "doing business" BUT Zenith is always lack of sincerity to serve his potential customer. So, what Sealman, Anarkia & Vince has said is true.

13. Sintec

Sintec Regular Member

Its true to a extend, they can't prolly attend to everyone when they have other things to do, such as spectacles which they are selling. We have to understand them as they also wish to make business in selling rackets. If then you all like this discrimiate his shop like this, his business will drop.

14. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Well I tell you the truth, the 1st time I visit Zenith, no one was there except myself & the boss. He seem like lack of patient to communicate with his customer.

15. guh.rm

guh.rm Regular Member

Student
    I agree that they have a business to run which consist of more then just selling racquets i.e. specs and even postal services...so perhaps they dont have all day to serve you and hence may get abit impatient. We do have to cut them some slack since they are not young anymore. Also although so far from this thread the experience of most have be not very positive, i believe there are still others who have had a good experience buying from them and hence will continue to be their regulars...perhaps sintec is one of them?

Ultimately the best verdict will be from the beholder...the person who will personally go down to the place and experience the service provided...to come to his or her own conclusion on whether to go to that place subsequently. And some of us have done so and was able to share our not so fond memories.

As for me, i wont say i will not go there again. But one thing for sure, when i go there, it will be because they have something or some racquet that other shops dont have e.g. Ashaway brand racquets....i will browse quickly and enquire if i see anything that i am really interested or prepared to buy. Also i will not stay there for long for my own benefit...dont wanna incur a subsequent black face.

Also the prices there are not fantastic, and the range is few, so compared to 10n10 or Ranking in terms of overall experience, i will still prefer the latter 2. Anyone out there who has been to Zenith has had a good experience that they are willing to share?

16. madman

madman Regular Member

I was looking for an MP100 at BB about 3 months ago and happened to be at Zenith. Those on display were the less known brands so I asked. The lady went to the storeroom at the back of the shop and brought out one 3UG5 w/o string. I then asked if she has 2UG5. She went back and searched again and came back with one prestrung. We negotiated and agreed with the price, with a brand new BG85 string. Then I left for lunch, feeling very happy as I was going to be reunited with my beloved MP100 (the old one imploded after hitting the ground).

One hour later, I went back there to collect my MP100 and paid for it. Well, seems like everything was OK, right? Well, wrong. Just outside the shop, something tells me that I should inspect it further. So, I took it out and checked. To my horror, it was not the 2U that I had wanted. It was the 3G which was not pre-strung earlier. I approached the lady boss but she said I did not mention that I wanted the 2U. We had quite an argument. We compromised and I paid another $9 (half of the BG85) for the pre-strung 2G.

So, I agree with the general opinion of this thread that the service at this shop left a lot to be desired. Definitely not going back there again.

17. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

May I know how much you have paid for the MP-100 ?

18. Makunouchi

Makunouchi Regular Member

Badminton Addict
    My wife and I are planning to go to Singapore. I haven't been to Bras Basah. Only the Yonex store in Far East Plaza. Is the Nanospeed 9000 already available in Singapore? If so where can I get the best deal? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

19. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Dont think it's available any time soon.

20. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Ns9k

Hi,
    I dont think NS9K will be in Spore so soon. It will be probably abt 2 to 3 months time b4 it arrives in Spore. Had checked with Sport Life, the girl said "Akan Datang".:p
    Lee:D