User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 205 to 221 of 245
  1. #205
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just got my AT900P re-strung with NBG95@25# since NBG98 is still out of stock.

    Could not stand the BG85@25# on the 900P : a weird flat feeling like whacking a cockcroach with a newspaper.

    so for NBG95:
    Oh well, at least the sound WOW factor for a flat hit sounds impressive on this NBG95 string.

    Also, the repulsion is much better.

    But it does dampen the shock a tad more than BG80 and 85, maybe some people refer to as "numb-feel".

    Will post more info if my impressions changes after I play next couple of times.

    Still NBG98 rules for me.

  2. #206
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otterfun View Post
    Just got my AT900P re-strung with NBG95@25# since NBG98 is still out of stock.

    Could not stand the BG85@25# on the 900P : a weird flat feeling like whacking a cockcroach with a newspaper.

    so for NBG95:
    Oh well, at least the sound WOW factor for a flat hit sounds impressive on this NBG95 string.

    Also, the repulsion is much better.

    But it does dampen the shock a tad more than BG80 and 85, maybe some people refer to as "numb-feel".

    Will post more info if my impressions changes after I play next couple of times.

    Still NBG98 rules for me.
    1) You actually whack cockroach with a newspaper?
    2) You should have string the racquet with BG85 @ 22x24 or may be 21X24. It is a thinner string and holds tension better.
    3) Yes, it feel real stiff with BG85 when you string at high tension.
    4) Look at the bright side, BG85 broke pretty quick at that high tension. Well, it is actually not to bright side...

  3. #207
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post

    2) You should have string the racquet with BG85 @ 22x24 or may be 21X24. It is a thinner string and holds tension better.
    3) Yes, it feel real stiff with BG85 when you string at high tension....
    I thought about it, my BG80 was strung at 25# on my Cab30ms and it was great. So thought I'd try the same with the BG85 on my 900P since both have vectran.

    However BG80 at 25# on my cab30ms feels better (not as dead) than BG85 @ 25# on my 900p. But I am comparing apples and oranges due to the different frames & strings.

  4. #208
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otterfun View Post
    I thought about it, my BG80 was strung at 25# on my Cab30ms and it was great. So thought I'd try the same with the BG85 on my 900P since both have vectran.

    However BG80 at 25# on my cab30ms feels better (not as dead) than BG85 @ 25# on my 900p. But I am comparing apples and oranges due to the different frames & strings.
    The Cab30ms feels more tactile because its materials are more homogeneous than those used in the AT900P, the latter using graphite with elastic ti.

  5. #209
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    340
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yonex Ti 10 with NNG 95 strung 26lbs is great. My smash is more acurate and speed I think improved compare to BG68Ti. Great sound to.

    Slice drop is also good..and the string give more feeling and response. But it is expensive.

    Using this string yesterday and guess what!! I don'nt have any shoulder or arm soreness. Either my technique is improving or the string suit me better than BG68Ti.
    Last edited by ayiee1976; 04-15-2008 at 09:43 PM.

  6. #210
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strung my Ti-10 (3rd Generation) today with NBG 95 at 20 x 22 and I felt it lacked power compared to the BG-80 (I have a Cab 20 Original with BG 80 @ 19 x 21). I felt as though I was playing with Ti strings, too soft of strings and lacked power. When they pop, I'll be back to BG 80 (they don't sell NBG 98 in Montreal).

  7. #211
    Regular Member ryim_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, China
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magiadam View Post
    Strung my Ti-10 (3rd Generation) today with NBG 95 at 20 x 22 and I felt it lacked power compared to the BG-80 (I have a Cab 20 Original with BG 80 @ 19 x 21). I felt as though I was playing with Ti strings, too soft of strings and lacked power. When they pop, I'll be back to BG 80 (they don't sell NBG 98 in Montreal).
    I'm going to try the nbg95 after I've had them for so long in the bag. If they aren't great, I'll do what magiadam does and head back on the bg80 band wagon :P

  8. #212
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magiadam View Post
    Strung my Ti-10 (3rd Generation) today with NBG 95 at 20 x 22 and I felt it lacked power compared to the BG-80 (I have a Cab 20 Original with BG 80 @ 19 x 21). I felt as though I was playing with Ti strings, too soft of strings and lacked power. When they pop, I'll be back to BG 80 (they don't sell NBG 98 in Montreal).
    Use NGB98, that will make the difference.

    NGB98 is not avaiable in Montreal because Yonex Canada doesn't have them. You have to get it from overseas.

    Good thing I have 2 x NGB98 200M reels.

  9. #213
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NewZealand & Malaysia
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After using nbg95 for a year since my last post, maybe longer i have come to a conclusion that it is infact, the "best" string out there in my opinion really =P bought another racket few months back and strung it with nbg95 again 24lbs i think,

    First of all, I bought two rackets, one was strung with Yonex68ti o_O i think, and the other was nbg95 both at 24lbs, and smashing, net play etc was much better with the nbg95 racket

  10. #214
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sverige
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyone know where to get the silver one?

  11. #215
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkwingduck View Post
    anyone know where to get the silver one?
    You can get the silver or graphite color from Japan.
    Last edited by Matt; 07-13-2008 at 01:27 PM.

  12. #216
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkwingduck View Post
    anyone know where to get the silver one?
    You can order it from shuttle-house

  13. #217
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does the NBG 95 string work well with the arcsaber 10?

  14. #218
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tried BG65, BG65Ti, BG68Ti, BG80, BG85, NBG95.
    NBG95 has great power, good durability, not bad for holding tension but hard to control at first. To me BG85 the best string, great power, good control. BG80 similar to BG85 but BG85 has more power and feel better. BG65Ti also good string, great for smash, feel similar to BG65 but has more power compare to BG65. Need to string 1-2 lbs more compare to others.

    Here is what I think:
    Durability: BG65>=BG65Ti>NBG95>BG80>BG85
    Holding Tension: 85>=80>95>65Ti>65
    Power: 85>80>95>65ti>65
    Control:85>=80>65>65Ti>=95

    I don't really like BG68Ti, would prefer BG65Ti with 1-2 lbs plus over BG68Ti.

    Btw I strung all my rackets at around 24-25 lbs.
    Last edited by nz2010; 04-28-2010 at 06:27 AM.

  15. #219
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkYin View Post
    Does the NBG 95 string work well with the arcsaber 10?
    I think NBG95 will work well with your arc10, along with BG68Ti and BG65.

  16. #220
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aotearoa
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys,

    one of my friend bought his Voltric 80 from HK, and to my suprise, it was strung with NGY95 in YELLOW colour!?

    when did Yonex introduce the yellow colour in? I remember it has only 2 colours (cosmic gold, and silver/graphite colour)

  17. #221
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,956
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agile_Monkey View Post
    Hi guys,

    one of my friend bought his Voltric 80 from HK, and to my suprise, it was strung with NGY95 in YELLOW colour!?

    when did Yonex introduce the yellow colour in? I remember it has only 2 colours (cosmic gold, and silver/graphite colour)
    is it yellow or is it gold? the gold NBG95 is quite close to yellow.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex Nanogy 99 string ( NBG99 )
    By ssgg007 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 192
    : 10-07-2014, 06:55 PM
  2. Yonex Nanogy 98 New String (NBG98)
    By ants in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 348
    : 09-27-2014, 01:53 PM
  3. FS: Yonex Nanogy 95 string
    By phandrew in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 15
    : 03-16-2009, 11:35 PM
  4. WTB...........Yonex Nanogy 98 string.
    By SpendorK in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 05-02-2008, 02:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •