User Tag List

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    errr..yeah right...the ultimate string..plays like 0.66mm, hits like 0.69, lasts like 0.70mm...

I'll just be happy with micropower, or maybe pg65neon in the near future...feel like i'm, drawing nearer and nearer to the "I'm done testing"-zone...as far as string/rackets/grips go..tension will be a variable as long as I live
    Well, if you...

...want a crisper, stiffer string, go with the MP in orange or blue.

...want a softer feeling string, go with PG65 Neon.

I prefer MP, it plays more like BG80, crisper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mp is white..hmm...

but mp doesn't have the colour PG has

are all coloured mp like Viper's? http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ht=groovy+paul ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mp is white..hmm...

but mp doesn't have the colour PG has

are all coloured mp like Viper's? http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ht=groovy+paul ?

No, Viper's crazy purple MP is not from the U.S. In the U.S., you can only get White, Orange and Blue. Since white you have, here's blue and orange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking nice..even strung it on my favorite racket to show me how it matches

It'd pick blue though, on such a beautifull piece of equipment.

so how does PGneon look? I still think I shoudl try it (just a piccie of the coils?)
    nwo we're OT-ing liek this..what the difference betweem pg65, pg65power and pg65neon?
    is it on the lable?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so how does PGneon look? I still think I shoudl try it (just a piccie of the coils?)
    nwo we're OT-ing liek this..what the difference betweem pg65, pg65power and pg65neon?
    is it on the lable?
    This is PG65 Neon Orange. The picture is not so good. There's a big difference between Power and Neon. The difference? Stick with the Neon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dink, did you use the sample of the crazy MP purple that I gave you? I'm sure that would look nice next to the other MP colors....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viper2005
    Dink, did you use the sample of the crazy MP purple that I gave you? I'm sure that would look nice next to the other MP colors....
    Not yet, waiting for a string to break...which should be today.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, I don't find the Yonex Nano 95 string that good. Personally, I find the Ashaway MP not as good as their ML and the PG66. I would rate the ML as Ashaway's No. 1 string and their PG66 (0.66mm) No.2, with MP (only 0.66mm) further behind at No. 3. The MP is not crisper than the ML or the PG66, only harder, probably due to its smaller number of strands of only 3,000 microfilaments.
    When you put 3,000, 4000, and 5,000 strands into a jacket of similar diameter, the denier of the microfilaments gets finer or smaller for the higher number. You should be able to feel the difference between a 3,000 vs a 5,000. It is similar to wearing a silk shirt vs wearing a nylon shirt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew you would say something like this Eepak.

Why? People that are control players who have tried the referenced strings feel the same way as you while attack/power players feel otherwise.

So, it depends on the person and their playing/hitting style.

NBG95 is not ideal for a control player, it's better for the attacker who strings at higher tensions and wants good durability.

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Frankly, I don't find the Yonex Nano 95 string that good. Personally, I find the Ashaway MP not as good as their ML and the PG66. I would rate the ML as Ashaway's No. 1 string and their PG66 (0.66mm) No.2, with MP (only 0.66mm) further behind at No. 3. The MP is not crisper than the ML or the PG66, only harder, probably due to its smaller number of strands of only 3,000 microfilaments.
    When you put 3,000, 4000, and 5,000 strands into a jacket of similar diameter, the denier of the microfilaments gets finer or smaller for the higher number. You should be able to feel the difference between a 3,000 vs a 5,000. It is similar to wearing a silk shirt vs wearing a nylon shirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welps there's going to be a nanogy 98 coming soon I think it'll be a better string than the nanogy 95 because of the thin 0.66mm string.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azn_123
    Welps there's going to be a nanogy 98 coming soon I think it'll be a better string than the nanogy 95 because of the thin 0.66mm string.
    "Better" is all relative. 0.66mm will perform better in most instances but durability may be an issue for some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try dink..but I don't break strings that much. Hehe I'll give nanogy 98 a try when it comes out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey,

NBG 95 strings just snapped today. i think it has been about a month of playing.

i have no idea what the tension was. it broke in the same place as my last racquet, which started on the top right corner and then proceeded to destroy the midddle cross strings. The breakage is on the strings that lay outisde the frame.

I would say the durabliity of this string is questionable, but i will admit this string has brought a lot of happy power moments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molohov
    hey,

NBG 95 strings just snapped today. i think it has been about a month of playing.

i have no idea what the tension was. it broke in the same place as my last racquet, which started on the top right corner and then proceeded to destroy the midddle cross strings. The breakage is on the strings that lay outisde the frame.

I would say the durabliity of this string is questionable, but i will admit this string has brought a lot of happy power moments.
    Hard hitter, smashing, slicing and high tensions probably and of course the usuage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i've used it quite a bit; about 4 times a week, more than an hour each session

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molohov
    i have no idea what the tension was. it broke in the same place as my last racquet, which started on the top right corner and then proceeded to destroy the midddle cross strings.
    It does taht because the tension loosens up and the strings go back to the middle because they are broken. Just like a rubber band.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my dad came back today with a racquet of his own strung with nanogy 95 at, again, an unknown tension.

however, the diffference between this tension and the previous tension is remarkable. the strings are ROCK HARD!

i will see if this makes any difference to the performance of the nanogy 95

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast