User Tag List

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 245
  1. #120
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    284
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    final judgements here:
    restrung my old racquet with nanogy 95 the other day and I have yet to play with it. I am playing with a new racquet strung with, again, nanogy 95 at an extremely high tension.

    this string is a good balance between power and durability. good sound when you nail the sweet spot, and the control is pretty good. high or low tensions just seem to amplify power/control.

    although a bit pricey, i'd say its worth the investment because it will last for a while (one racquet, heavy usage, about a month). actually i'm not too sure a month is a while, haha.

    www.yonex.com has information about the nanogy 95 now. it states that it has high durability and repulsion, as expected.

    there shoudl be a section for this in the product review.

  2. #121
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    omg.. ive just got my racquet strung with the nano 95s.. and guess what... they snapped in 2 hrs...i dont think i missed hitted alot.. since all the frays were in the middle... and snapped in the middle too.. LOL...
    but overall.. i really like the strings.. haha..

  3. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    284
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow, that was fast! must have been a very high tension!

  4. #123
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ii dunno.. maybe.. but i dout it.. i usually use the same tension.. 26, 27ish.. and my string wont break as fast as this.... might be me.. or might be the strings.. haha.. hope its not me =P

  5. #124
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NewZealand & Malaysia
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTO-demon
    ii dunno.. maybe.. but i dout it.. i usually use the same tension.. 26, 27ish.. and my string wont break as fast as this.... might be me.. or might be the strings.. haha.. hope its not me =P
    How long would this string last? Im hoping to string it at 24lbs on a nano power 8000 not nano speed =P XD

  6. #125
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm currently using Nanogy 98 (0.66mm) 24lbs on my AT-900T, it's been over a month of usage and it's still going strong. At the begining, the strings were very stiff compared to strings like BG65, BG66, BG68Ti and BG 80, it felt like playing ping pong, however, as I played more and the strings started to soften, it is very good, good repulsion and control. So the durability is not an issue. I assume the Nanogy 95 will last even longer due to the larger diameter. Unless i'm not smashing hard enough or other people have super powerful arms.

  7. #126
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NewZealand & Malaysia
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ar Dan
    I'm currently using Nanogy 98 (0.66mm) 24lbs on my AT-900T, it's been over a month of usage and it's still going strong. At the begining, the strings were very stiff compared to strings like BG65, BG66, BG68Ti and BG 80, it felt like playing ping pong, however, as I played more and the strings started to soften, it is very good, good repulsion and control. So the durability is not an issue. I assume the Nanogy 95 will last even longer due to the larger diameter. Unless i'm not smashing hard enough or other people have super powerful arms.
    Oh ok.. so do you recommend me stringing it at 24lbs? im about semi-pro intermediate... Iv'e used the armortec 700 before at i think 23lbs im not sure as it was my friends :P so yea the racquet I have now is a Nano Power 8000 3U 20-25LBS / G2 9-12 KGS, I wonder what would happen if i string it at 25lbs? but Im thinking to get it strung at 24lbs so yea,

  8. #127
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Stringing tension is all personal preference, there's no right or wrong, as long as it suits your style of play. Just try it at whatever tension you usually play with, that way you can tell the difference between the strings.

  9. #128
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NewZealand & Malaysia
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ar Dan
    Stringing tension is all personal preference, there's no right or wrong, as long as it suits your style of play. Just try it at whatever tension you usually play with, that way you can tell the difference between the strings.
    haha thats the problem, i don't know what tension I usually get the stings strung at, cause All i say to them "higher than normal" normal to me would be 20lbs so yea this would be the second time im going to string my racquet haha 2nd! cause believe it or not, I thought a string could last for a year or so ... how stupid of me...
    till i noticed my strings that were about 3/4 months old were like going to snap.. So i bought the Yonex BG80 and NBG95 strings.. don'y know which 1 to try first... hmm

  10. #129
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In that case, I think you should try the BG80 at 22lbs, see if that will give you a little more control, then when the BG80 snaps, use the NBG95 and adjust the tension to your liking accordingly.

  11. #130
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NewZealand & Malaysia
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ar Dan
    In that case, I think you should try the BG80 at 22lbs, see if that will give you a little more control, then when the BG80 snaps, use the NBG95 and adjust the tension to your liking accordingly.
    Hm..I don't know, i'll see what my mind thinks of at the last minute of stringing.. haha, if you don't mind me asking whats ur age group? heheh cause u noe, different strengths in arms....

    Edit: Nvm.. i see that your 28.. .. hmm BG80 or nbg95 .. confused confused i guess if i dont like the tension i can always get it restrung again..but then it'll cost money... hmm
    Last edited by sirjoe1; 05-16-2007 at 01:29 AM.

  12. #131
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Guys..

    Whats your experice with the durability.. I just played for less than an hour with an AT900T newly strung with NBG95. It felt super first 30 min, and then they started feeling very dead ?!?! Is this common with the NBG95?? Also it seem to barely keep it togeteher, the outer layer just breaking all over the stringbed..

    I posted a picture of part of the stringbed to illustrate..

    Is this fluke? Could it be a bad batch?

    /Twobeer
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  13. #132
    Regular Member RSX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I did experience something simillar, first time using the NBG-95 felt very explosive. Next time, I would not say dead, but certainly did not feel as repulsive. However, in my case there was a week between sessions.

    In terms of durability, the wear in the pic over 30 mins does not look normal based on my experiences with clients racquets. What tension was it strung at ?

  14. #133
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, that's after 30 mins?

  15. #134
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,976
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow...that's bizar...for such a high-end string...

    I had it once with a sotx string (0.68mm) it was black so you could see it clearly...it lasted 40min at 24-lbs...

  16. #135
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSX View Post
    I did experience something simillar, first time using the NBG-95 felt very explosive. Next time, I would not say dead, but certainly did not feel as repulsive. However, in my case there was a week between sessions.

    In terms of durability, the wear in the pic over 30 mins does not look normal based on my experiences with clients racquets. What tension was it strung at ?
    it was a moderate 24x26lbs .. and the photo was lafter something like 50 minutes of play-time.. But the string felt completely lifless after 30 min, but i didn't expect if the wear was the same at that point.. I will cut it.. But I guess I expected better durability from a 0,69 string with nano-tec...

    T

  17. #136
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe you just had a bad batch. These strings can't be too bad, cause there charging us quite a lot.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex Nanogy 98 New String (NBG98)
    By ants in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 351
    : 10-30-2014, 11:47 AM
  2. Yonex Nanogy 99 string ( NBG99 )
    By ssgg007 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 192
    : 10-07-2014, 07:55 PM
  3. FS: Yonex Nanogy 95 string
    By phandrew in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 15
    : 03-17-2009, 12:35 AM
  4. WTB...........Yonex Nanogy 98 string.
    By SpendorK in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 05-02-2008, 03:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •