User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Plenty of pros used to use it - Cai and Fu, for example - but I don't know many who do now. Tony Gunawan does, though (at 30 lb, for reference).

Thanks Mark,

I doubt Cai and Fu use it now since they play with Kason. Having said that, they still sport 'gold' coloured strings. Christina Pedersen used to play with a 'gold' coloured string when she was still using her Nanospeed 9900; although I highly suspect she was using the NBG 98.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrived in today's mail from Stringers' World. I plan to have my Carlton Vapour Trail strung with them.

Name:  2013-07-24 15.55.29.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  92.5 KB

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    I have strung NBG95 to 33lbs before, and yet the feel is big and not that sharp nor stiff enough for delicate net shots and the repulsion goes almost everywhere if I don't control the racquet head properly.

BG65 on the other hand is totally different; the higher I go (33 to 34lbs, each case different tension) the feel gets more delicate even though with heavy smashes the string still feels soft and controllable. The string bed is also stiff enough for delicate net shots.

maybe because i have no interest in nanogy strings but this bit about bg65 is important to me since i am currently using it at 2lbs higher than normal for the more control, yet it's still sorta all over the place for me, maybe i should bump up the tension another lb or so? been using bg65 for about 2 months seriously with dedication and it's been great so far. will restring again after this weekend going to 27x28lbs.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    Thanks Mark,

I doubt Cai and Fu use it now since they play with Kason. Having said that, they still sport 'gold' coloured strings. Christina Pedersen used to play with a 'gold' coloured string when she was still using her Nanospeed 9900; although I highly suspect she was using the NBG 98.
    I think I read somewhere that Cai and Fu actually did use Yonex strings whilst sponsored by Kason and so may still be using Yonex strings today.

I think they're allowed to use any strings they way so long as the stencil logo is their sponsor's logo.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Cai and Fu actually did use Yonex strings whilst sponsored by Kason and so may still be using Yonex strings today.

I think they're allowed to use any strings they way so long as the stencil logo is their sponsor's logo.
    I would tend to agree - that "caramel" colour I haven't seen on anything other than the Nanogies. It'd have to be a really good camera to see a YONEX string name.

To take the principle further, I think Robert Blair is sponsored by APACS, but is allowed to use an Arcsaber 10 because it looks enough like an Edgesaber 10 to get away with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this string lose tension easy and fast?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnxiv View Post
    Does this string lose tension easy and fast?
    I have a VT70 with NG95. It was strung @ 24 lbs and lasted almost 3 months. The string is not broken, but its turned into a trampoline and hence it needs replacing.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15