Racquet Selection and Calgary retailers

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by agentsmith61, Feb 13, 2006.

1. agentsmith61

agentsmith61 New Member

Hey all, I'm a newb to these forums, but they look good based on the equipment reviews I've read so far. I'm a pretty decent player looking for a new racquet, as I bent the head on my Yonex Isometric 53 (not sure if it's VF). I've been looking at various reviews of racqets on various sites, and seem to have narrowed it down to a few selections, but on your reviews the prices are huge! Almost $200 for a Muscle Power series, and more for an Armortec. I prefer to play a back court game, and my smash has great power at the moment, my net shots need work(most of them just hit the net halfway up). What racquet would you reccommend, o btw I like as light as possible. Plus, I can't find any retailers in the Calgary area, except places like Sport Mart which deal only basic ones like my existing racquet. If someone could shed some light on a tough selection and retail shortage that would be greatly appreciated.

2. prothobs

prothobs Regular Member

Student
    I don't live in calgary but I've been there for badminton. Try the Glencoe club or the Calgary winterclub? I know they both have very nice courts there and should sell racquets (I'm sure the Glencoe does). If you want a nice racquet, you'll have to pay a lot. Not all muscle power racquets will cost over $200, just the higher end ones.
    If you like light racquets, like REALLY light you could try one of the new black knight super light series? Thats all I can think of.

Hope that helped,

cheers

3. dont_cgy

dont_cgy Regular Member

Working
  4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu