User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, buddy... I am not the one who needs to 'distract' to kick-ass.

Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    O_O. WOAH. Ming, don't tell me it's one of your fantasies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Break-My-String
    Male Opponent
    Weaker than You - Place
    Personally, I find getting beaten by a well placed and/or deceptive shot is much more embarassing. When a better player beats you like that, they are communicating that they are so damn good that they can do tricky shots and not even try, and still beat you.

Getting beaten by a hard, well-placed smash is nothing to be ashamed of, however.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Well, buddy... I am not the one who needs to 'distract' to kick-ass.
    hmmm.... but you were the one to initially placed that vivid image of "someone" - "dress in tight, almost see-through brassiere and thong panties"... seeing how fit and trim you are these days, i thought maybe there is some "closet" fetish showing up...

hahahahaha.... i might definitely try to show up one of these nites to catch you in your "evening's best". hahahahahaha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh! You should definitely show up one of these days! You have been a no-show at the club for the longest time.

Quote Originally Posted by badrad

hahahahaha.... i might definitely try to show up one of these nites to catch you in your "evening's best". hahahahahaha

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From System32driver's post,I would like to ask, why are you playing badminton with her? Do you havea girl friend? Does she has a boy/girl friend? (Ok, let's not go to far on that) How well you know her? Is she interested in you?

Thank god my wife is only a social badminton player before and after we merried. (She goes to club with me to chat with other female player) If I was in System's place, here is what I would do.
    1) to win point, place drop shots that is just out side of her reach after a few easy rallies.
    2) set up a couple shot each point for her to smash it back. I assume you can return most of her smash.
    3) always smash shots not to hard so she can return. this is to get her interest in badminton up so she will play with you again. also get her reflex up to speed.
    4) stop between points once a while to give her a few pointers.
    5) ask her out if there is a next time.

PS. we are not dating advisory board here and if this backfired, no one will claim responsibility here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by westsideweiming
    Personally, I find getting beaten by a well placed and/or deceptive shot is much more embarassing. When a better player beats you like that, they are communicating that they are so damn good that they can do tricky shots and not even try, and still beat you.

Getting beaten by a hard, well-placed smash is nothing to be ashamed of, however.
    Which would you prefer in a friendly match...

(a) lose 15-0 with 15 consecutive points (or hard smashes), or
    (b) lose 15-2 with you getting a good work out and finding out what are your weaknesses and what needs improvement?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Break-My-String; 02-21-2006 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My recommendation:

If she's equal standings in skills, play more placement, less smashing. If you have to smash, smash at 60-80%.

If better, all the way

I've played against a girl who's a lot better than me in placement play, but have difficulty going against hard smashes.

In those occasions.. no mercy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in reply to your post silentheart. i just enjoy playing with her after all 'what a cutie', plus my buddies posted a rebuke with one case of beer after play if i could win, which i can not refuse, plus i had to play her with 5 beers tucked into me. lol. One thing i am adamant about is free beer but i did not want to lose either. anyway just to post an update on our match, i did win, but i did give up some easy points just so she will be willing to play again.

i do like however your attitude hagane about the no-mercy thing. cause next week we have a doubles game, and she always pair up with a better player. i guess i will use this no-mercy plot. .

but i do tell guys, its really distracting sometimes, when you see some things bounce that aint the birdie. lol. i guess i have to still mature in badminton and not have these things be a distraction to have fun and enjoy the game, plus the circle here always play in doubles and never in singles, for better ''commaderie''

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck and best wish.

PS. beer after the game please...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me peronsally, I always use placement game.
    Maybe because I have yet to come across a woman who can beat me.

Placement game will helps both of you.
    You can practice your placement shots and she get to move around the court more which is also a good traning.

In the end, both gains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by system32drivers
    i do like however your attitude hagane about the no-mercy thing. cause next week we have a doubles game, and she always pair up with a better player. i guess i will use this no-mercy plot. .
    I tried playing placement, and challenged her directly from there.

It gets to a point where I realised, even if this is a social event, she didn't like it one bit that I didn't smash her shots when I could have

She actually mentioned it later on. I ended up playing more aggresive in the later games :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all these discussion give me an idea for new kind of game : STRIP BADMINTON ...played like strip poker....each side who lose a rally take an item off their body...(cloting, earings, watch, glassess, etc etc)...should be fun, non?

PS: I know it's absurd, but, oh well....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Player
    ...an idea for new kind of game : STRIP BADMINTON...
    Sorry Double_Player, but I've already beated you to this idea earlier on this thread!

But you can be the first to try it out! We'll need pictures as proof!

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

start out playing your best. when u realise u are thrashing her too badly you will automatically switch yourself to relaxed-mode. this switching occurs quite naturally for me when facing weak opponents.

most importantly, pretend to be playing relaxed throughout by giving her that 'i'm-not-even-panting' expression. this is to make it more evident that you're in control of the gamehahaha

and strip badminton ain't a bad idea. the court is usually stuffy here in sg, plus clothes often retrict a player's movements hee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane
    I tried playing placement, and challenged her directly from there.

It gets to a point where I realised, even if this is a social event, she didn't like it one bit that I didn't smash her shots when I could have

She actually mentioned it later on. I ended up playing more aggresive in the later games :P
    I am surprised by her attitude.
    Did you manage to beat her when playing placement game?
    Big margin or small margin?

I would have ask her why she does not like it.
    It will be a good understanding of the character and how to play against her in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hyun007
    I would have ask her why she does not like it.
    It will be a good understanding of the character and how to play against her in the future.
    In playing placement, I would have lost most times... perhaps a close match on a couple of times, and dominated by her on others.

When I start to play more aggresively (occasionally I smash from backlines down the line), it evens out, but it's like watching Andy Roddick serving. A serve, met with a smash, and rallies are about 5 hits maximum, mostly 2 hits (serve-smash-return-point)

In doubles play, it's even more apparent, because I'm the offensive smasher at the back end. Any returns (high) = another hard smash.

She asked me to do so, because it's a good challenge and good practice. Nothing more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane
    In playing placement, I would have lost most times... perhaps a close match on a couple of times, and dominated by her on others.

When I start to play more aggresively (occasionally I smash from backlines down the line), it evens out, but it's like watching Andy Roddick serving. A serve, met with a smash, and rallies are about 5 hits maximum, mostly 2 hits (serve-smash-return-point)

In doubles play, it's even more apparent, because I'm the offensive smasher at the back end. Any returns (high) = another hard smash.

She asked me to do so, because it's a good challenge and good practice. Nothing more
    Main reason is because it is difficult for you to beat her if you play placement.
    Guess smashing is your best weapon.

From what I read, I assumed she might be better in placement and/or faster footwork than you.

I guess she is right.
    You just have to play your normal game to give her a good challenge and practice.
    Last edited by hyun007; 02-23-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast