User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wedgewenis
    is backhand smash even an important shot? Most people only do that shot when for some reason they can't hit a round the head... i don't think anyone really sets up for a backhand smash ... Poul Erik Larsen is probly the only player i've ever seen who did.

i guess if you have a badass one like keneth jonnassen you might get a few points out of it but most of the time they'll probly get it back anyhow since its always going to be weaker than a real smash

I think the only real advantage in being able to do that is wacking it really hard when you first make them expect a drop or weak return ... i dont really mean deception .. i just mean after they see you backhand drop a few times they'll expect it again and then you hit a hard one, that might have some effect.
    yesterday, i had an argument with my partner cause he used too many backhand smash. So, i don't think it is a good thing to learn especailly in doubles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen
    yesterday, i had an argument with my partner cause he used too many backhand smash. So, i don't think it is a good thing to learn especailly in doubles.
    lol
    anyways, i wasn't really usign b smash all that much. just when i really need to do it, i sometimes make mistakes. so you guys can stop sayign things like "dont use b smash, use forhand instead" or "b smash is weak". i just want to see some improvements on my b smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weirdperson
    lol
    anyways, i wasn't really usign b smash all that much. just when i really need to do it, i sometimes make mistakes. so you guys can stop sayign things like "dont use b smash, use forhand instead" or "b smash is weak". i just want to see some improvements on my b smash.

I beleive knowing how to backhand smash is important even if it is hardly used. The more shots you know and can perform well is an advantage. If you are hitting into the net alot than it is probably due to the shuttle being struck too far infront of you but in the case that you have your back turned(the shuttle is too far behind you) if that makes sense.hehe. Try to get more.....underneath it. Also try and experiment with slightly different grip to what you normaly use to do that shot.

I do disagree with some that this shot ' is not essential to know'...my oppinion.
    It is essential to know all possible shots you may have to play in a game!
    Even if it is hardly used.

The more weapons you have the better off you are. If I know an opponent who cannot backhand smash to save his life..........that is one shot I don't have to atticipate when I force him to do a back hand........He has one less option available to him.....and i know it!

My suggestion: Ask......... 'Gollum' I am pretty sure he is a Coach and can help you and prob show you links to footage or diagrams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2