Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: hey guys need some help
02-15-2006, 10:28 PM #1
hey guys need some help
hey guys i need some help on how to train. i've been playing badminton for along time but you know what? i've never actually knew how to train to improve my skills, and my physical fitness...any suggestions?...im a 5ft8 guy that weights around 160-175 and im 17...lol...but yeah my friend says im abit heavy for my weight ...am i?..i really want to improve...><
02-16-2006, 01:41 AM #2
Do lots of running, jump rope, watch some badminton training videos or tournament videos, practice-practice-practice.....
02-16-2006, 09:45 AM #3
ok ive been playing badminton for about 6 years. i started completley from scratch and now play at a high club level over here in the uk. best way to improve is:
1. get fit to play badminton, dont play badminton to get fit. running is great for stamina - especially running up hills as this builds up calf muscle strength which helps with footwork. ive never used weights but have done circuit training which also helps. try and get a set routine and stick to it. make it harder as you improve.
2. ask players who are better than you, who know how to play properly, correct techniques etc, to watch you play and make suggestions. take time to watch them play and see the difference between you and them.
3. invest in a couple of videos where the pros play and again watch what they are doing and see what is different. training videos are also good. check out the video section of this site as theres a few freebies knocking around.
4. concentrate on correct technique - dont take shortcuts just because you cant hit a shot with the right technique. i used to take shortcuts and it took me ages to get them out of my game - and the higher level you play the harderi it is to win rallies using incorrect techniques.
5. most important is to look at your game, think about it. what are your main weaknesses, strengths. how can you make your strangths even stronger and how can you work on your weaknesses? are you using correct techniques for all your shots? are you using correct grips?
6. footwork - how do you move around the court? do you stand still or are you light on your feet allways ready to pounce? is your stance correct?
hope this gives you some ideas. ill check back here if you have anymore questions.
02-16-2006, 03:29 PM #4
so what about doing leg presses to also help improve leg strength? thats what my friend told me
02-16-2006, 04:51 PM #5
well anything that helps improve strength is ok but dont go over the top on it. you dont need to be strong to play badminton you just need to be fit.
By Done88 in forum IntroductionReplies: 7: 07-24-2010, 08:29 PM
By macauboy in forum Z Badminton Training CenterReplies: 2: 03-27-2008, 02:05 PM
By shuttleman65 in forum General ForumReplies: 33: 03-14-2007, 09:15 AM
By GTO-demon in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 57: 08-06-2005, 11:45 AM
By WoAiZhongGuo in forum China Professional PlayersReplies: 42: 03-31-2004, 11:38 AM