Transition from rackets

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by ChocoChipWaffle, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

I heard that pros don't need time to get used to their rackets/... for example, i saw many pros who played with their non-regular racket, and their drops, clear, smash were all acurate within minutes.

So, what do the pros do differently that normal ppl (like us) don't do? i personally cannot adapt to the racket even in the slightest changes (racket string tension dropping 1 lbs) even if i play for like half an hour, my drops and clears don't have control. So, what should i do so that i can adapt to my rackets quicker? Anybody able to help?

2. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!
    I feel that pro players are just so in tune with other more important aspects of the game than what racket they use.

Their supperior co-ordination, their amazing ability to feel the racket in their hands and 'be one with the racket', like it's a extention of their arm within a couple of minutes is amazing.

Pros also get the oportunity to try countless rackets out. I know a top Australian player.......no jokes please:p ok, ok , were not the strogest nation in the world in badminton. But when I see him he plays always with a different racket. He said "To me i don't care about what type of racket so much, aslong as the strings are good.....it's a good racket"

I take a while to adapt to a different racket. I find I take about 6 or so months to fully adjust to a new racket. 'When It feels like a part of me'.:)

Pros are just incredible at adapting themselves to all situations quickly,lol:D

3. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    thats pretty much da same as asking why Pro racing driver
    can drive your 4 door sedan faster, quicker and better then you can
    the moment they get on your driver seat.