Gosen racquet info

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by practicer, Feb 16, 2006.

1. practicer

practicer Regular Member

I'm a newbie in this forum. I would like to where can I get these Gosen racquets from this web site: http://www.gosen.co.jp/racket_sports/badminton/racket/index.html. I found few online stores (bbesports.com, puppysports.com, badmintonalley.com, racketsupply.com & others) do carry Gosen brand racquets but none was listed on the Gosen official (JP) web site. :( Does anyone know of other Gosen official web site? According to the site, they had a factory in Taiwan but no site information. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, what do you guys think of Victor brand vs Gosen brand? I'm currently looking for my secondary racquet. My primary one is Pro Ace Ti 11 (BG65 @ 23lbs). I am an intermediate/advanced player.

2. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
  3. prothobs

prothobs Regular Member

Student
    Hey, I also want to buy a gosen racquet... lol?

Try this site www.gosen.dk It has all of the racquets they make with clear names and describes them. It's in Danish but you can kind of interpret it. (For example on one of the racquets the type says "offensiv")
    If you're looking to buy one I think the best place is www.badminton.net.

Hope that helped

4. event

event Regular Member

Yes, I agree that San Diego Badminton Supply seems to have the best prices on Gosen. I've heard of cheaper prices in Malaysia but not always on models sold elsewhere. There is an American site for Gosen but it doesn't have all the models, either. The official site in Japan seems to drop the old models very quickly even though they're still sold elsewhere. The Danish site that prothobs included the link for seems to have the most complete list of current and older models I've seen but it is still missing some like the WPP120, the 5000Ti, and all the new BRX, BGA ones that are on the Gosen Japan website.
    They make some great racquets. Try doing a search for Gosen threads. There are plenty of discussions of them.

5. tttoan

tttoan Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi everyone,

Are there any Thai players here?
    When I see world badminton game, Thailand players often use Gosen racket while other countries'' players use Yonex racket.
    What is the reason? Is Gosen sponsoring Thai badminton Team or they have a factory in Thailand?

Thanks.