User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure if you guys read my post but in no sense am i trash talking. i am aware of that armadale is a recreational facility and so i go there for that very same reason. if i didn't enjoy going there i wouldn't. also i think u should read my post carefully and don't jump the gun. I assume if you call yourself high calibre and i quote "high calibur and you're welcome to join us for a match..." then would that not mean your playing tournaments and so forth. anyways, i'm not here to trash anyone as most of the guys there seem pretty cool, but maybe you should broaden your badminton scope and your attitude on court. so far the response i'm getting is that its arrogant for me to say this, but are you not in the same boat as me, i quote again "Couldn't find any REAL competition..." if then it is a recreational facility i don't see how i could be the one trash talking. maybe you should take a step back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shosan88, I think you've miss quoted me. I did NOT in anyway call MYSELF high calibur like you've quoted. Read the lines carefully before you quote. It was lolAlan's words asking for high calibur players to come join us. And I don't see anything wrong with that either. Nothing cocky about that... How you even come close to thinking that we are tournament players just beats me. If we were tournament players like YOU ARE we wouldn't be playing at Armadale would we? We'd be training at Mandarin, no? I'm sure I'll broaden my badminton scope but I have no attitude problem on the court whatsoever. My attitude is actually somwhat "good" for that matter. I ask for better players to teach me what I need to know, and I help out the beginner when they need to know some of the basics. I'm pretty sure I've made only friends and no enemies on court so my attitude on court must be "good". If you think I'm arrogant by calling out REAL competition in my first post I think you've lacked a sense of humour. I was merely being sarcastic to get peoples attention with the post. And my strategy worked out great. Within two weeks I found guys that could teach me more than I could learn by this point. I think you need to loosen up a little...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a good feeling that this BC meet up thing is gonna expand from 4-5ppl to bigger very soon, probaly somewhere other then Armadale as that place is just packed. Seriously I found myself rather stucked at a point where if u can't afford the cost at those very few advanced club, or if u'r simply not devoted enough to join and play 24/7. Yet u'r decent enough and find recreational badminton not as satisfying. I'm happy to see this post actually did hooked me up with a few baddy addicts, probaly more to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should resolve whatever misconprehension/tension we have in here with a badminton game. You guys should come up with a common day when you're all free and come over to my place to play badminton. How does saturday or sunday sound?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a perfect idea. We can do Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Wake up early and book the courts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys...

I went to Armdale this Monday (Apr10), and had a fairly good time. The ppl were fairly friendly. I even got to borrow birdies (dang, I forgot mine @ home and realized there) without a problem. I have to agree with most posts here that Armdale was pretty packed, so we had to switch every 12 mins. Also, the competition level isn't too high -- even though the last game I played was with 2 guys @ approx. my level, and another excellent player who dominated the game (If some of the ppl I played with are reading, this was pretty much the last game played on the courts).

I'll be in Toronto till end of April (school starts after), so if you guys are meeting elsewhere (hopefully a bit closer to Toronto than Armdale ) I'd like to join you for a game or two.

Cheers,
    ib

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey LOLAlan, I heard your family room is a badminton court. It must be a very big house. Who's invited and what times refreshments etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that depends on what time he can WAKE up really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chessymonkey
    that depends on what time he can WAKE up really
    Correct. Reservations for the courts in his condo start at 6 a.m., but some insomnatic old lady often starts waiting at 5:30 am, beating him out to prime badminton playing time.

..sketch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only play on fridays...but rarely.
    ive only gone there 3 times, im might be going tommorow if i have time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chanjo
    Correct. Reservations for the courts in his condo start at 6 a.m., but some insomnatic old lady often starts waiting at 5:30 am, beating him out to prime badminton playing time.

..sketch.

Look at this guy?! posted only once and already calling me a sketch...sketch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yo alan... when is this???
    wanna wait till next week??? hahahaha... ill be back on saturday night... and that's the only night i can play... gotta freakin move back to loo on sunday... aiiii... my life is too intense...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimthegreatone
    yo alan... when is this???
    wanna wait till next week??? hahahaha... ill be back on saturday night... and that's the only night i can play... gotta freakin move back to loo on sunday... aiiii... my life is too intense...
    U serious?!?! you're coming back saturday? sweeeeet!! that's april 29th??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LolAlan
    yep... hope to see u then...
    time to adjust back to plastic again... hahahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LolAlan
    yep... see ya then~
    time to adjust back to plastic again... hahahahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well guess i'm proven wrong, went on a sunday a while back and saw these 2 guys with yonex shirts on that looked good. guess the competition is starting to pick up there, maybe they can teach me how to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went last night (Sunday) and noticed that there was at least eight guys who knew what they were doing (mainly on courts #1 & #6). There were actually a couple of girls that were pretty good too. Most of these people seem to know each other so I guess they must have all played at a club with each other before. Shosan88, when are you going to be there next time? Maybe we could get together for a game of doubles.....

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast