User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently the book is not available in Malaysia. But for those who are interested.. i may be able to help those who are in Malaysia to get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Advanced Techniques in badminton

Hi ants,
    Is this book available in spore? U can help those in Spore to get this book? Thanks.
    matrix
    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Currently the book is not available in Malaysia. But for those who are interested.. i may be able to help those who are in Malaysia to get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, maybe some day i'll come to malaysia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue
    ok, maybe some day i'll come to malaysia
    You are most welcome to come to Malaysia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kokcheng
    You are most welcome to come to Malaysia.
    thank you very much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Publisher can supply the local bookstores

The publisher has sold out on the first run and the second print run won't be available until March 1.

If you'd like the book to be available in your country, please go to your bookstore and ask them to order it and my publisher would be very happy to supply them (http://webservice.mnl.ust.edu.ph/pub...use/index.htm). Or if you know of a distributor (for North America, Europe and Asia) we'd be very happy to deal with them. Just post their (the bookstore or distributor) on this board and I'll forward it to the publisher.

If you know any publisher who'd like to get the North American, European, etc. rights, I'm also open to it.

We're getting rave reviews about the book. People who've bought it say its very complete, informative, and written in very digestible bites.

To be honest, if there had been a book like this on badminton, I wouldn't have even considered making this one, I'd have bought that book. But I couldn't find any. I was so envious of golf and tennis--they have so many good books on techniques. So necessity made me come up with the book--my ulterior motive being, to find out also how the elite players execute the various strokes. The book is so loaded with stuff that even I haven't mastered all of them--I'm learning new things when I reread it--and I wrote it! Of course the techniques didn't come from me that's why I have to learn them myself--but in a way this helped make the book more approachable because I produced it in such a way that it assumes the reader is not an expert, so it explains every step in detail.

Also, there are lots of good tips and badminton instruction found in the web but they're all scattered, so this book helps the average player have a handy, ready and informative reference to improve and groove their game.

vip

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vip_m
    The publisher has sold out on the first run and the second print run won't be available until March 1.

If you'd like the book to be available in your country, please go to your bookstore and ask them to order it and my publisher would be very happy to supply them (http://webservice.mnl.ust.edu.ph/pub...use/index.htm). Or if you know of a distributor (for North America, Europe and Asia) we'd be very happy to deal with them. Just post their (the bookstore or distributor) on this board and I'll forward it to the publisher.
    Your best bet for sales would be to contact:

www.amazon.com
    www.bn.com

If either or would offer your book, it would receive maximum exposure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another on-line bookstore to consider in Canada will be:
    www.amazon.ca
    www.chapters.indigo.ca

Also, getting support from North American Badminton Federation will not hurt either.
    In Canada, we have:
    Badminton Canada
    There are individual (7 - I think) provincial badminton associations under Badminton Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you know any publisher who'd like to get the North American, European, etc. rights, I'm also open to it.

We're getting rave reviews about the book. People who've bought it say its very complete, informative, and written in very digestible bites.

To be honest, if there had been a book like this on badminton, I wouldn't have even considered making this one, I'd have bought that book. But I couldn't find any. I was so envious of golf and tennis--they have so many good books on techniques. So necessity made me come up with the book--my ulterior motive being, to find out also how the elite players execute the various strokes. The book is so loaded with stuff that even I haven't mastered all of them--I'm learning new things when I reread it--and I wrote it! Of course the techniques didn't come from me that's why I have to learn them myself--but in a way this helped make the book more approachable because I produced it in such a way that it assumes the reader is not an expert, so it explains every step in detail.

Also, there are lots of good tips and badminton instruction found in the web but they're all scattered, so this book helps the average player have a handy, ready and informative reference to improve and groove their game.

vip
    Just another thought, have the publisher considered e-book or book on CD/DVD? This will cut down on the shipping cost but I do not know how to prevent privacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope to pick up an authograped copy this Friday. There's a book launch cum clinic in one of the badminton halls here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any way to order this book and ship it to the Netherlands???

Would be my killer birthday-present!

Can't order it from my local bookstore using ISBN...

If anyone knows a way.. please speak up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering if the book has hit the book store shelves in the Phils.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton Book availability

Quote Originally Posted by Misbehavin
    Just wondering if the book has hit the book store shelves in the Phils.
    Yup. The new batch of the second printing is out now at the major bookstores (National bookstore, etc.).

I was wondering--would anyone here be interested in the electronic version ($27)? It'll be full-color in Adobe Acrobat format, Butch has also added some techniques that didn't make it to the print version (we'll probably add these in a later printing of the book) and when the videos from the book get finished, buyers of the electronic version get free login access to the videos for 6 months. It'll be individually password protected and non-printable though to cut down on piracy (since we worked real hard to produce this really great book on badminton techniques).

If there's enough interest, we'll go ahead with this. So please post your interest here--and tell others about it.

Thanks,

vip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any1 who's willing to send me a copy??

Can't buy it here in Netherlands...
    And my birthday is due to 18th march...

Will pay for shipping ofcourse

If so.. please PM me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sending book abroad

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    Is there any1 who's willing to send me a copy??

Can't buy it here in Netherlands...
    And my birthday is due to 18th march...

Will pay for shipping ofcourse

If so.. please PM me!
    I can send you a copy, but when I sent one to the States (via FedEx), the total cost, including the book was almost $50. It might cost more for the Netherlands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's enough interest, we'll go ahead with this. So please post your interest here--and tell others about it.

Thanks,

vip
    I would be interested in an e-book. The only reservation is the non-printable part as I find it such a pain to do any kind of extended reading on the computer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$27 is too much for an ebook.

What I would like is for amazon to stock it or for vip_m to send it over for $27 with shipping!! (ground will do!)

hehe

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast