User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vip_m
    Yup. The new batch of the second printing is out now at the major bookstores (National bookstore, etc.).

I was wondering--would anyone here be interested in the electronic version ($27)? It'll be full-color in Adobe Acrobat format, Butch has also added some techniques that didn't make it to the print version (we'll probably add these in a later printing of the book) and when the videos from the book get finished, buyers of the electronic version get free login access to the videos for 6 months. It'll be individually password protected and non-printable though to cut down on piracy (since we worked real hard to produce this really great book on badminton techniques).

If there's enough interest, we'll go ahead with this. So please post your interest here--and tell others about it.

Thanks,

vip

I am interested in the e-book. Particularly it will be a while before North American bookstore will pick-up the book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I 'm in for the ebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tried Amazon, no go.

Quote Originally Posted by a_d_y_a
    $27 is too much for an ebook.

What I would like is for amazon to stock it or for vip_m to send it over for $27 with shipping!! (ground will do!)

hehe
    I tried to convince Amazon, but they weren't interested. They said the market for badminton is too small and they don't deal with individual authors. That was basically the reaction of other North-American/European publishers: the badminton market is too small to commit the resources to create the book we made, so though all they need to do now is print and distribute (since the book is already made), they still said it's not worth their while.

I guess that's why a book like this hasn't been made available for the longest time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ebook version of Advanced Badminton Techniques availability

Quote Originally Posted by OTFK
    I am interested in the e-book. Particularly it will be a while before North American bookstore will pick-up the book.
    Okay, I'll do a test run and have the eBook available in a while. I'll post here when it's up. All buyers of the eBook will be asked to give their personal user name/password so they can access the videos from the book for six months when the videos come out.

thanks,

vip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I'll do a test run and have the eBook available in a while. I'll post here when it's up. All buyers of the eBook will be asked to give their personal user name/password so they can access the videos from the book for six months when the videos come out.

thanks,

vip
    Yeah, let us know. I am very interested too. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, buying and reading a badminton book on technique is rather unnecessary and does not really help. I say this because it is equivalent to buying a book on martial arts, reading it, and believing one knows how to fight. It is all in the act of performing action and practicing.

I personally believe the best learning is to keep practicing, getting a coach maybe and some lessons, or just watching some videos to get the idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trance
    In my opinion, buying and reading a badminton book on technique is rather unnecessary and does not really help. I say this because it is equivalent to buying a book on martial arts, reading it, and believing one knows how to fight. It is all in the act of performing action and practicing.

I personally believe the best learning is to keep practicing, getting a coach maybe and some lessons, or just watching some videos to get the idea.
    True, but not everyone has access to a coach who knows what he/she is doing. I have to travel at least 150 km to get that. The book is the next best thing. Plus, I want to read what is the latest info on technique out there.
    There are always exception like self-taught chefs or badminton players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need all the help that is available so just I 'm just about to start training with a coach in a group to see how it goes.

But seriously, it is great that international players or coaches are willing to pass on knowledge and in whatever form it may be in and we can learn from them... just like people in this forum who share their knowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Exactly!

True, but not everyone has access to a coach who knows what he/she is doing. I have to travel at least 150 km to get that. The book is the next best thing. Plus, I want to read what is the latest info on technique out there.
    There are always exception like self-taught chefs or badminton players.
    Exactly, OTFK. There are lots of coaches/trainers who are very good players but can't explain the techniques to their students. Then are those who do understand but are unwilling to reveal what they know for different reasons. This book (Advanced Badminton Techniques) can actually help those undergoing coaching, it can help them get ideas/realizations to understand techniques they might have a hard time "getting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, OTFK. There are lots of coaches/trainers who are very good players but can't explain the techniques to their students. Then are those who do understand but are unwilling to reveal what they know for different reasons. This book (Advanced Badminton Techniques) can actually help those undergoing coaching, it can help them get ideas/realizations to understand techniques they might have a hard time "getting."
    For those of us who live in North America and are away from major badminton centres, this is the next best thing.
    I cannot wait to see the e-book. vip_m thank you for making this available to us (the not so fortunate ones in North America).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of us who live in North America and are away from major badminton centres, this is the next best thing.
    I cannot wait to see the e-book. vip_m thank you for making this available to us (the not so fortunate ones in North America).
    Yes, same here. Thanks Vip!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not sell copies of the book on eBay?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ
    Why not sell copies of the book on eBay?
    Good idea! I'll buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great book. How come the website doesnt work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Good idea! I'll buy.
    I think there is a catch for selling on ebay. Shipping cost! Based on what vip_m said, the cost of shipping from Asia may be as much as the book itself!
    In that case, I would prefer to get an e-book rather than paying for the shipping. If I want, I can print it out or read on screen (either way is good).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to buy a copy via eBay too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a catch for selling on ebay. Shipping cost! Based on what vip_m said, the cost of shipping from Asia may be as much as the book itself!
    In that case, I would prefer to get an e-book rather than paying for the shipping. If I want, I can print it out or read on screen (either way is good).
    In the U.S. we can send small items, 4lbs. or less via "Global Priority Mail" flat-rate envelope (small) for $5.25 or large for $9.50. I'm willing to pay that much for shipping.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast