Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smash799
    Mr. Vip,
    I bought your ebook yesterday after reading your reply.
    Great! I'm sure you'll find it useful, informative, and helpful to your game. It sure improved mine.

vip

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Australia

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc
    Is your book available in Melbourne, Australia?
    The printed version is only available in the Philippines. You can purchase the download version at...

http://instructoons.com/book/

...and the download version has these advantages:

- full-color
    - added pages and certain pages have been augmented
    - extra article on a new psychological tactic
    - links to videos from the book
    - and if the book is updated, you can download the new version

vip

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Important Note

I've been informed that some purchasers of the book have been approached to "share" the book, in other words, get a copy without purchasing it. Note that each book has a unique password and we will be able to trace which book is being "shared" or copied. Once we find out, the purchaser's log in privileges will be cancelled so they won't have access to the videos or to the book updates and extra articles.

Butch and I continue to add and improve the book and we look forward to updating it with new tecniques and tips.

vip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vip,

if u sell the book in north america u will make millions!!! cause i really want it... vbmenu_register("postmenu_345800", true);

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default north america

Quote Originally Posted by nick089
    vip,

if u sell the book in north america u will make millions!!! cause i really want it... vbmenu_register("postmenu_345800", true);
    Hi,

Unfortunately, I've contacted around 40 publishers and distributors and they all seem to think "badminton" does not have enough support in North America, although they really like the book and think it's well done.

vip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey vip,

is there a way for those, like me, who purchased the printed version to have access to the videos and updates besides buying the downloadable version?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default videos for printed book

Quote Originally Posted by jdcastro
    hey vip,

is there a way for those, like me, who purchased the printed version to have access to the videos and updates besides buying the downloadable version?
    Yes, I'm working on a password system where, if you have the printed version, you just need to give a specific word/s from a specific page of the book and then you'll be able to enter a page to view the videos.

I'm programming this right now.

vip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How long will it take?

Hi Vip,

How long after ordering the book before it arrives?

I ordered it yesterday and i was hoping to have it before the weekend and read it through before practise on Saturday!

Thanks,

Gregg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default arrival

Quote Originally Posted by tubby
    Hi Vip,

How long after ordering the book before it arrives?

I ordered it yesterday and i was hoping to have it before the weekend and read it through before practise on Saturday!

Thanks,

Gregg
    Hi. Right after your purchase is completed, you should receive the download info shortly. In your case, I sent the download info Friday--I hope you were able to go through the book before your practice Saturday.

vip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vip_m
    Yes, I'm working on a password system where, if you have the printed version, you just need to give a specific word/s from a specific page of the book and then you'll be able to enter a page to view the videos.

I'm programming this right now.

vip
    u might wanna rethink that. if someone buys the book then they could tell someone else the password

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default print version access to video

Quote Originally Posted by nick089
    u might wanna rethink that. if someone buys the book then they could tell someone else the password
    The password to access videos for the print version of the book will keep changing randomly. So with the book in hand, the page will ask for a word or words from a page in the book. You just enter the word or words and you're in. Now if you give this answer to someone else, you're not sure if that someone will be asked the same question/answer since the page asked for will keep changing randomly.

vip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Error with pic in ebook

Hi Vip,
    Great book, just downloaded the ebook, found a error with a set of pic in the ebook. Page 105 'showing the proper motion for a forehand, although the wording and sketches are correct' in the set pics of Butch performing a forehand, he doesn't transfer his racket foot to the front.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whing
    Hi Vip,
    Great book, just downloaded the ebook, found a error with a set of pic in the ebook. Page 105 'showing the proper motion for a forehand, although the wording and sketches are correct' in the set pics of Butch performing a forehand, he doesn't transfer his racket foot to the front.
    Hi. In those set of pictures, Butch is demonstrating the upper body part of the shot: the shoulder turn, weight shift, hip thrust, wrist action--he wanted to emphasize these aspects of the stroke on that page so he didn't do the step forward to allow the reader to first concentrate on those aspects of the stroke. Anyway, thanks for pointing it out and letting me clarify.

vip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the ebook.
    I read till late night-great! Just by reading some line-ups or watching pictures i could find so many key parts of movements to understand why in the past sometimes the strokes went well or not. I like the many pictures.
    The psychology article is easy but interesting-i'll try.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thank you for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue
    Thanks for the ebook.
    I read till late night-great! Just by reading some line-ups or watching pictures i could find so many key parts of movements to understand why in the past sometimes the strokes went well or not. I like the many pictures.
    The psychology article is easy but interesting-i'll try.
    Thank you for your comments, TrueBlue,

Butch and I made the book for people like you and me, who love badminton so much that we constantly want to improve our game and so enjoy it even more.

vip

(by the way, for the other folks, book is available at http://instructoons.com/book/)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Great book and fast delivery

I purchased the ebook and got my password the next day.

I have now fully read the book and found several interesting sections that I putting into my training. The explanation of how to do the high backhand is probably the most easy to understand description I have seen anywhere.

There is no mumble jumble in this book. It is straight to the point and most sections are easy to understand. It is definitely worth the money spent.

However, I am still missing a section of how to hit the backhand when it is on the side or in front of you in mid to back court.

Thanks
    / Jens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default drive backhand

Quote Originally Posted by ecsjgre
    I purchased the ebook and got my password the next day.

I have now fully read the book and found several interesting sections that I putting into my training. The explanation of how to do the high backhand is probably the most easy to understand description I have seen anywhere.

There is no mumble jumble in this book. It is straight to the point and most sections are easy to understand. It is definitely worth the money spent.

However, I am still missing a section of how to hit the backhand when it is on the side or in front of you in mid to back court.

Thanks
    / Jens
    Hi Jens.

Glad you like the book. As for how to hit the backhand at the side or in front of you at the mid-court/back-court, I think you're talking about a drive-backhand as compared to a high backhand. For a drive backhand,
    1. first do the proper grip (refer to "Backhand Grip" section in the book, pages 52 to 65), so if the shuttle is at your side or behind you, shift to the "past body backhand grip", if it is in front, then use the standard backhand grip;
    2. take a step with your right foot (if you're right handed) and plant it close to the spot underneath impact point (page 67 in book);
    3. next do the wrist coil (making sure the racket points to the ground for more power), elbow throw, wrist action through the pushing range (pages 72-78, 80-81 and 183 for pushing range). Since you're hitting a drive, your elbow will be at shoulder height or lower (depending on the height of the shuttle), unlike with a high backhand when the elbow will be more at eye level. Make sure you're an arm's length from the shuttle so your shot is not cramped.

So basically you use the same mechanics as the high backhand, but your elbow/arm is just lower. For practice, do the complete high backhand motion as described in the book (let the hundreds of pictures of Butch guide you), then gradually lower your arm but executing the same motion. When your arm is lower than your shoulder, during the wrist coil, the racket would no longer be pointing to the ground but sometimes will be pointing behind you or pointing up to the ceiling depending on how low you hit the shuttle. This'll give you power during the wrist coil.

Thanks.

vip
    Last edited by vip_m; 05-02-2006 at 06:25 PM.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast