String Tension on Armortec 700

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by goku999, Feb 20, 2006.

1. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    I have heard somethings about restringing an armortec 700 that the maximum tension is 24 lbs, might change the shape of the racket head.

I am currently playing with the default string tension i believe to be 20lbs.
    I have been playing for a few months and do not know what to string them at.
    I have a backup carlton strung at 24lbs and its doing great.
    Should i restring my armortec 700 to 24lbs?? or is it too dangerous to do so,

I play at mid-upper league level

Please advise

2. ToddieO

ToddieO Regular Member

Lighting, grip work, stagehand, bartender, student
    string tension on Att 700

Hello Joku99,

I have 2 Yonex Att 700 3u G3 strung at 24lbs each. I use Yonex Bg-65ti in both rackets. I play 3 times a week, around 2 hours each session. I have only broken 1 racket string in the last year, broke in middle of string job. I had noticed wear in that area a week earlier. I play singles, mixed and doubles, and my rackets have held up to strong clashes with others rackets! I have not seen any deform of any of my racket heads! I check the rackets carefully before each match! I really enjoy this racket model and when ever I can find a 3u G3 I try and buy it! I hope this helps you? String tension is totally dependent on persoal choice, and wether the racket head can hold the tension! Also if you play doubles you may weaken your racket with clashes with your partner! Keep playing!:D

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The deformed rackets are usually due to bad string job (regardless tension) or already-there damages. 24lb is a safe range for the mid/top line rackets from reputable brands, if the string job is done correctly.

The pros usually going into the 30+ lb ranges, and the rackets are not deformed. ;)

4. ToddieO

ToddieO Regular Member

Lighting, grip work, stagehand, bartender, student
    Always have a professional string job! I pay $17 US dollars for my strings. To save a few bucks and damage a expensive racket is down right stupid! Take care of your racket and it will bring you good luck.

5. sslam72

sslam72 Regular Member

All my AT700's (4U G5) are strung between 27lbs and 29lbs with BG80 strings. I usually drop 1lb if I'm using the BG68Ti as it feels tighter and firmer on contact.

The racquets are nearly four years old now and I have had no problems with them. I do rotate my racquets, but the strings usually break after about 20hours of playing/practice time, but they will be very fraid and worn since I slice and awful lot.

I've never had a problem with mishaped heads apart from when a popular Yonex reseller in Southgate and one in Wembley were given the opportunity to string at a high tension some years ago. My normal stringer had gone on holiday at the time. Needless to say, I cut the strings and never used them again.

Since then, I've stuck with my regular stringer.

6. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    That makes me happier :)
    Thanks for the replies

Also is there anything i need to know about the stringing pattern,

i have read on this forum some time ago that you have to string the armortec 700 a different way..i may be wrong on this..

7. sslam72

sslam72 Regular Member

To be honest, only a good Yonex reseller and decent stringer can tell you.

If you ask Yonex nicely, they can provide pattern templates for you.

I may even have one spare for my AT700 but don't have the ones for other Yonex racquets to compare it with.

I do know that the Armortec have a different stringing pattern to those of the Carbonex and Musclepower/Swing Power series.